The good old days ...Whitby

mr motorola

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge
Seems there has been some good fishing for everyone this year.

http://whitbyseaanglers.blogspot.com/2006/...r-for-long.html

That’s correct glenk they just could be saying in a few years time “remember the good old days of 2006?” but then again lets all hope they are saying” hope we never go back to the grim old days of 2006?”

That’s fishing.

i should have some more year books soon, i've had a word with some of the lads and they think they might have some

p.s. thanks for the replys

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Yes your correct big cod along came them bloody big powerful trawler machines and here we are.

http://www.chieftaincharters.com/PHOTOS%20SEPT-OCT%2006.htm

Having to try a bit harder to still catch fish.

Yes challenge things arent that bad if you know where it lies this was on 10hr at 10 miles some of these guys had a few days with me that week to be honest they caught to much fish that week i spoiled them ,they have booked the whole boat for a week this neaxt year its costing them £280 each for the week but they want a mixture of fishing next year haddock ,cod, ling. not to many cod this time.

paulcod.jpg

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest challenge
Yes challenge things arent that bad if you know where it lies this was on 10hr at 10 miles some of these guys had a few days with me that week to be honest they caught to much fish that week i spoiled them ,they have booked the whole boat for a week this neaxt year its costing them £280 each for the week but they want a mixture of fishing next year haddock ,cod, ling. not to many cod this time.

paulcod.jpg

Box a fish a piece big cod, there’s nought wrong with that.

£280 pound a piece for a full weeks fishing, there’s certainly nothing wrong with that.

That’s £1400 pound for your weeks work. – Expenses of course? Now is there anything wrong with that?

Box a fish a piece big cod, there’s nought wrong with that.

£280 pound a piece for a full weeks fishing, there’s certainly nothing wrong with that.

That’s £1400 pound for your weeks work. – Expenses of course? Now is there anything wrong with that?

£280 for a full week just think how much fish you could catch in a full week that is 7

trips, .

But i do this job for the love not for the money, but your figures john are just a little bit out with £1400.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Big Cod don't know what Mallete is on about..but a very good write up in the mags for you.seen two mags today with your spot in it...it all help's...you can't say you do it for love..it's about filling angler's dreams I think..good luck...of now to wind Challenge up..cheers Graham

Big Cod don't know what Mallete is on about..but a very good write up in the mags for you.seen two mags today with your spot in it...it all help's...you can't say you do it for love..it's about filling angler's dreams I think..good luck...of now to wind Challenge up..cheers Graham

Cheers graham anything in the mags is good for whitby seen the tsf feature but i will pop down and pick up a boatfishing monthly and have a goose.

regards

paul.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

I've managed to get my hands on some more Whitby year books

The following are property of Dave Easton , another very good angler and friend of mine

1989.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

records.jpg

Edited by mr motorola

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009