New camera

MarkSpod

Wow, you guy's are a bit out of my league

Not at all, as CJ said your camera has done what its designed to do. And you have taken a nice sharp photograph, what more is there?

I had thought my shot was quite good

It is a good shot, period. The post processing is something that adds that final enhancement to a photo, its nothing new as Phoographers have been doing this in the darkroom for years. Now it can be done on the pc or mac. The stuff that J.K. did is just some image manipulation which as he says is quite easy, its also endless/limitless except by your imagination.

Have a good read of your manual and you'll no doubt find the things mentioned in CJ's post above, experiment a lot...and you'll be fine.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Wow, you guy's are a bit out of my league :oops: but I'll perserve and hopefully improve :rolleyes:

I had thought my shot was quite good but now it looks pretty plain :sad2:

Not at all mate. You need a good image in the first place to be able to process it :)

Your image was and is great :thumbs:

I was just trying to show that your creative skills dont need to stop after the picture has been taken :)

Joel

Edited by J.K

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

Cheers lads, I'm of fishing for the next 20 hours so will be playing with the camera :)

Now there is a man with his priorities in place, :lol::lol:

:ph34r: