What Reels!

SeaDooDavid

Just what Ive been looking for. Ideal for trotting a float into those dark recesses. Well done SDD and SM :thumbs: Linking one of those with braid is going to be as about as "in direct contact" with a fish as you are likely to get.

:clap2: NOw where is my cheque book.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Just what Ive been looking for. Ideal for trotting a float into those dark recesses. Well done SDD and SM :thumbs: Linking one of those with braid is going to be as about as "in direct contact" with a fish as you are likely to get.

:clap2: NOw where is my cheque book.

Look on ebay first! The old ones are superb! :thumbs:

SDD~~~~ :sun:

This is an intresting thread.I have a centrepin which is on my Fly rod :huh: .It looks more like a sea reel,I will have to take a photo of it and see if anyone can tell me what it is.

It is burgendy/brown made from bakelite with a brass button for the ratchet,I will look to see if it has a name on it when I get home.

zzippy2.gif

I have a big Alvey my brother brought me back from Aus, and use it for congers from the shore!

When we were over there, the Alveys were the only reel still going without serious maintenance after a week on the beach. Maybe they are the answer for the kayaks, as there is little if anything to corrode.

Do watch the line lay though- the line does twist on these, and while braid may be nice, do be careful (I can sometimes just undo the knots with mono- braid no chance).

You also need to make sure you watch the line going on the reel, to ensure it dfoesnt slip off.

Both basic points, but not if you have only ever used a multiplier or fixed spool.

B.A.S.S. member

Good points Grant. May start with mono anyway. Just in case braid is too direct. If you get my meaning.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

You could pick the Alvey's up half price last year, think the cheapest was about £19, very nearly bought one just to see how it faired, wish I had now, would have given me something to say about them :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com