Fish Trap found on the 16 Foot.

Dick Dastardly

Just recieved this fron the PAC-

"Pikers find massive fish trap on Fen drain

Pike anglers fishing the Sixteen Foot Drain in Cambridgeshire today found a large fish trap, made of panels of netting staked out in the drain.

It contained a considerable number of bream, tench and roach which they released before removing the net."

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's good that they freed the fish, but, in a way, it's a shame it wasn't put under surveillance and the culprits caught.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's good that they freed the fish, but, in a way, it's a shame it wasn't put under surveillance and the culprits caught.

Exactly Elton.We might then have known if it was unscrupulous bait companies getting cheap pike bait to sell,"Eastern Europeans" trying to catch something to put on the table,pike anglers trying to get bait or match anglers trying to remove pike!

Im sure all will be blamed at one stage or another!

Then again it could have been put there by the NF or Combat18 in an atempt to incite racial tension,er or by match anglers trying to discredit pikers or pikers trying to discredit match anglers or one bait company trying to discredit another one! Be interesting to see the theories.....

Guest Ferret1959
Exactly Elton.We might then have known if it was unscrupulous bait companies getting cheap pike bait to sell,"Eastern Europeans" trying to catch something to put on the table,pike anglers trying to get bait or match anglers trying to remove pike!

Im sure all will be blamed at one stage or another!

Then again it could have been put there by the NF or Combat18 in an atempt to incite racial tension,er or by match anglers trying to discredit pikers or pikers trying to discredit match anglers or one bait company trying to discredit another one! Be interesting to see the theories.....

Budgie, could it have been set to trap signal crays, I hear they are quite big and a pest on some waters? :blink::blink:

;)

Yes apparently a 10m Fyke net (Thats one mother of a net Ive never seen one that big and I used to comercially net from the beach with them!).

Apparently the EA now have it so that answers Capt C's question.

I remember when there was very little market value for freshwater eels in this country. Most purchasers were only interested in paying top doller for silvers.I think this alone shows there must be a problem with the eel population.