Fishfinder trial!

SeaDooDavid

Hi folks

Just tried my new fish finder this weekend, VERY impressed. I didn't expect it to do actually what it said in the manual LOL. The "pictures" from it were superb. I jigged a line of lures and you could actually see them on the sonar (line and lures!) incredible really (for me a sonar virgin:] LOL)I used silicon like someone suggested by cutting the whole end off the tube then squidging it right down in it and wedging a stick in to hold it in place while it dried (2 days really!) It worked fine as far as I can tell, like I say "text book" images! pics to follow~~~best regards SDD :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi YY

Yep, cherry gone now :)

Was very surprised at the quality of these things these days, the only one I have ever seen before was a mate of mine (on his small open boat) but I couldn't make out the bottom, let alone fish!! ha ha. Can't wait until weekend again to get out some more! I mounted a home made rod holder behind me which worked ok, except the bungy holding the rod in the tube (around the reel) was tricky to get back on behind me. Lucky the landing was smooth so didnt bounce out!. SDD

What sort of battery are you using SDD. And which silicon gooo did you go for? There are so many different ones out there - did you get a fungal repellent version? Your feet are near the screen - just a thought :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo