The quest for a Bivvy

smalltincup

Hi one and all

Well I have been looking around and have a question to ask :huh:

What does everyone think of the TF Force 8 Bivvy. i have been reading about it on the net and have found some great reviewqs and was wondering if anyone has used one or has seen one in action. Have been looking at the One man version as I take little amount of stuff when i go Carping.

Cheers Guys

:sun:

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

Not seen this particular one. But at RRP of £200 would need to be something VERY special!! Have sold a number at around the £100/140 mark which would be just as good but a little cheaper.

Just had a look now and one sold on ebay for £100 plus post on a BiN? But I am NOT a user as such!! But I have seen a LOT of bivvies erected and this one does NOT seem to be anything special.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Cheers for that. The reason i am drawn to it, is because it is suggested that it does not need a wrap and was wondering if that was true?

Cheers for the advice

STC

I know a few people that have them and they rate them highly,it's also a twin skin so it's fine for all weather conditions and is quick to put up!! :D

You can still pick up the 1man for £99.99 and 2man for £149.99

Edited by carpstar
With my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

Hi one and all

Well I have been looking around and have a question to ask :huh:

What does everyone think of the TF Force 8 Bivvy. i have been reading about it on the net and have found some great reviewqs and was wondering if anyone has used one or has seen one in action. Have been looking at the One man version as I take little amount of stuff when i go Carping.

Cheers Guys

:sun:

STC

I got a one man version a couple of months ago, I used it once overnight and two of the locking elbows broke, I returned it and they sent me another one. I used the replacement once and one of the fibreglass poles split so I returned that one as well. I asked the saleswoamn how many had been returned and she said a few had. I may have been unlucky but I didn't want to take a chance on a third.

If you can get it up in 20 secs you are a better man than me.

I chose the trakker a lite instead. I didn't want to chance another one . Its a shame cos it was a nice size for the odd overnighter ,it had a built in groundsheet and was fairly light to carry , a sod to get back in its original bag as most bivvys are! I use my jrc sti 2 man for longer sessions

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Hi All

Cheers for the replies and the info i shall keep investigating, i made the mistake of buying a bivvy once without doing the correct research.

Any for information is much valued.

Cheers again guys

STC

:yeah:

Hi Bobj.

Do you know if you can get a single bedchair in one of those??

Cheers looks good

STC :)

Wouldn't have a clue, mate; I just saw the advert in my local fishing magazine.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest Josh Iddon

My Quechua Tent

3 man, ask for green colour

Hi, this is the tent or 'Bivvy' that I use, it is very small and it says 2 man but it really is a small one man.

When I do nights (im still quite new to night fishing) I really do travel quite light, no Bed chair, just a sleeping bag. As I do not take much I can get away with this small tent, there is enough space for Me, and my Fishing partner Lili my ferret.

So if you were to go for one I would recomend the 3 man, it sounds huge but a 2 man Fishing bivvy is normally about a 4 man camping tent. I hope that makes sense lol. My 2 man couldnt really fit a big bedchair in, thats why I would think a 3 man one would be about a 1 man bivvy.

But it is brilliant being able to set up in litterally 2 seconds, then peg the front and back down and it done. The whole thing can be set up in 15 seconds.

Ive got mine in green and it does Fit in, It does look like a fishing bivvy not a bright yellow tent lol. I think they do the 3 man in green, best to email and ask though.

And the best thing is that there only £60.

The tent itself is also very easy to take down, I can do mine in about 25 seconds or so.

And the final thing is when they are in there case they are not the shape of a normal tent, there a circle shape and they can go on your back. Doesnt bother me, handy really as I dont have to hold it.

Josh :)

Edited by Josh Iddon