Warbarrow

darnsarf

One problem, the matches that i store in a waterproof container were wet. So I had an "A team" moment. A little petrol from the stove combined with a quick short across the fishfinder battery terminals and a camp fire was born. (Do not try this at home kids) :yeah:

Ray Mears eat your heart out! :thumbs:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

enjoyed reading that Paul , bit unusual the garfish being around this late isnt it?? Great little fish on light tackle ,once got into a ruck on Whitehaven pier with a lad who was snapping the beaks off and throwing them back to starve. :schmoll:

Good on you!

They do have a nasty habit of deep hooking. But if I cant remove the hook (I use barbless) I simply cut the line and let nature take its course.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

def go with the mat underneath, it makes alot of difference, if you are worried about the rain take a shelter sheet with a couple of banksticks to prop up one end. these are small and you can prob get them cheaply at the surplus store. i've got it all issued!!

2007, bass, pout, silver eel

Great back to nature report Paul, not sure about the kipping on the beach bit, too many Rats round here :yucky:

2006 Launches: 8

2006 Species: 5

2007 Species: 19

2007 Launches: 42

2008 Species: 21

2008 Launches: 51

2009 Species: 24

2009 Launches: 47

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

Brilliant report Darnsarf--I only saw your text message yesterday :oops: What expedition have you got planned for next weekend ? :blink:

Great back to nature report Paul, not sure about the kipping on the beach bit, too many Rats round here :yucky:

rats are O.K. apparently they taste just like hedgehog :thumbs:;)

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

And hedgehog really does taste like ch........................well hedgehog actually. No rats to report although I did notice that one of the sandeel baits left on the hook wasn't there in the morning.

More concerned really with the rusty old tank shells lying around on the beach. Didnt see them until the morning nor the sign that read "WARNING! Army range do not land" well i did check the area before I set up camp. ;):P

Not sure my marriage will take another exped before the Pike trip so I might have to earn some brownie points next weekend> :mellow:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

That's the type of trip we need. Great stuff DS, makes me want to take my camera and triposd to capture some of that scenery - i have never seen it. The lads and I have done a few trips- but we are never as successful with the fish. Where have they all gone. Since June I have had a rotten year, until that pike trip with Mark I hadn't caught another decent fish. 2 decent fish in a year - pathetic isn't it!

Starvin - oversleeping? Too much sex makes you late for all sorts of things other than work then!

Specimen - don't go for synthetic if you can afford goose down...much lighter and warmer.

Exped make good stuff (better than the Government will shell out for our glory boys), Swiss - built to take the extremes of cold at altitude.

They do tarp tents, bivvy tents and an exclusive - waterproof, goose down sleeping bag (but you would need to be going most weekends throughout the winter to make the £350 worth it!)

MC - like you, CCF camps were spent under poncho bivvies - two to a bivvy, one for the roof, the other was the groundsheet. Bloody hypothermic with February Brecon Beacon "arduous training course" that I put myself down for.......eee byyy guumm, when i wer a lad.....

Edited by Simon Everett

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo