Winter gear arrived today

GB

Well after waiting a whole 24hrs my drysuit and other bits have arrived. First impresion.

Crewsaver hyperdry pro. Nice suit, very easy to get on and easy to do up, comfortable neck and wrist seal (neoprene) plenty of room in the booties for thick thermal socks without being to sloppy and folding up inside over boots. Only thing I dont like is the short overhang of the shell outer past the seals but to be fair I have very long arms and legs. The undersuit is warm, no actually it's well warm :sun::sun: .

Boots crewsaver sport. Good fit over latex suit booties, more support and sole than my beaver diving boots but not as much as jet skiing boots like the jobe's.

Gloves crewsaver sports with kevlar palm. Good fit, comfortable, good grip, easy to get on, no good for typing in so I'm gonna take them off now ;)

Will take them up the pool over next few days to see if suit is waterproof. Obviously I will have to give them a proper testing this weekend on a cold night cod session :D

GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously I will have to give them a proper testing this weekend on a cold night cod session :D

GB

May have to join you as need to fully test my fishing skills :rolleyes:

May fish Sat and TPW will have to test his new stuff too!

Sounds like a great excuse :thumbs:

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Well after waiting a whole 24hrs my drysuit and other bits have arrived. First impresion.

Crewsaver hyperdry pro. Nice suit, very easy to get on and easy to do up, comfortable neck and wrist seal (neoprene) plenty of room in the booties for thick thermal socks without being to sloppy and folding up inside over boots. Only thing I dont like is the short overhang of the shell outer past the seals but to be fair I have very long arms and legs. The undersuit is warm, no actually it's well warm :sun::sun: .

Boots crewsaver sport. Good fit over latex suit booties, more support and sole than my beaver diving boots but not as much as jet skiing boots like the jobe's.

Gloves crewsaver sports with kevlar palm. Good fit, comfortable, good grip, easy to get on, no good for typing in so I'm gonna take them off now ;)

Will take them up the pool over next few days to see if suit is waterproof. Obviously I will have to give them a proper testing this weekend on a cold night cod session :D

GB

Great bit of kit! :thumbs: Good luck with the Cod GB ;) ,never know might get a Conger! :blink:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

I knew it!! Someone mentions cod , my hyperdry arrives , and i'm laid up with the lurgy! :( Dont want to see any more posts about trips for one week ! Only posts allowed for 7 days are '' which kayak/fishfinder/drysuit / reel etc should i get'' :schmoll: Definitely no photos of beasties as thick as your thighs!

Ok Prowler 13

I knew it!! Someone mentions cod , my hyperdry arrives , and i'm laid up with the lurgy! :( Dont want to see any more posts about trips for one week ! Only posts allowed for 7 days are '' which kayak/fishfinder/drysuit / reel etc should i get'' :schmoll: Definitely no photos of beasties as thick as your thighs!

Could not resist that one martin , 10lb + Cod from a couple of weeks ago.... :)

biggy-1.jpg

Sorry.. :bleh:

Hansome fish Neil.

I want one :clap2: I want one :clap2:

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Hansome fish Neil.

I want one :clap2: I want one :clap2:

Me Too! :clap2::clap2:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

"beaver diving boots"

I shall hereby lower the tone without further words.

Now, as for lurgi - I see your 1 week lurgi and raise you vertigo that hopefully is of the short term variety rather than long term. Chairs are bad enough - the yak would be asking for trouble! Two days in, never had it before and hopefully it's gonna go. No pike for me this week eh?

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Snap Martin. Was dizzy all day yesterday in work, woke this morning feeling rough as a badgers rear end :yucky::yucky: . No work today need to recover properly for fishing the weekend ;)

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I