Tip Rings

Stoaty

A while ago the insert in the tip ring of my Diawa TDX U410 Uptider fell out. So I duly took it to the tackle shop where they warmed the old ring up with a lighter, pulled it off and pushed a new one on. I must have used it on half a dozen trips since then and now the tip ring has come loose and I want to glue it back on. Now my question is this. Is this a special glue or will a shot from the hot glue gun do or maybe a dab of silicone? help.gif

A while ago the insert in the tip ring of my Diawa TDX U410 Uptider fell out. So I duly took it to the tackle shop where they warmed the old ring up with a lighter, pulled it off and pushed a new one on. I must have used it on half a dozen trips since then and now the tip ring has come loose and I want to glue it back on. Now my question is this. Is this a special glue or will a shot from the hot glue gun do or maybe a dab of silicone? help.gif

:clap2: Most now use hot melt glue as it is easy to get off, the hot glue gun uses the same stuff. Araldite needs to be heated but it sometimes damages the blank because too much heat is needed to remove it. :clap2:

Hot glue is the way to go, that way if you ever need to replace the tip again it will be easier to do so.

I've always used the hot melt glue, seems to hold fine and easy to remove the old tip ring when it needs replaceing again

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time