Last Nights Report

Scotty T

Went out on the boat last night from 6.30 to 10.30 or there abouts.

18mtrs of water, strong flood tide, mackie and squid baits on 8/0's to 100lb traces. 2lb of lead barely holding the bottom, first fish came to the boat after 10 minutes for my mate, conger guestimated at 35lb, T barred at the gunnel.

I had a shocker of a night, 5 bites and 5 hook up's and 5 dropped fish :( , all felt like good fish of similar size 30-40lb, with the second lost fish going off like a rocket, stripping line as I got it mid-water, deffo an eel and deffo the biggest one I've hooked yet :( , got the right hump and had a sad on all night.

But hey ho! Roll on next time :thumbs:

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

At least you know the fish are there! Were you using circle or J hooks?

Was using J's Grant, two snap off's due to dodgey knotage :wallbash: , stacks of tide and a big angry eel don't mix very well.

Scott

great to read a catch report,

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Gutted- I have started using a two- three turn uni knot for heavy mono, and so far OK. Blame it on the swivel breaking though- cant have been your knot!

Out of interest, what knot were you using?

B.A.S.S. member

A slip knot, by the sounds of it.

Sorry, Scotty :D Better luck next time - looking forward to you catching that big one.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Gutted- I have started using a two- three turn uni knot for heavy mono, and so far OK. Blame it on the swivel breaking though- cant have been your knot!

Bog standard bloodknot Grant, my own fault 4 being lazy, the other one was a dodgy crimp on some traces I made at home a while ago. Never had that problem before though, last time boated 4 out of 4 eels with no worries, but a strong tide seriously increases the tackle tension.

Good effort on the uni knot tip, will deffo heed that advice :thumbs:

Scott

A slip knot, by the sounds of it.

Sorry, Scotty :D Better luck next time - looking forward to you catching that big one.

Cheeky :P

Felt like a real good un Elton, don't want to guestimate size, but..........................BIG!

The air in Swange Bay was blue last night, theres no way I could ever host a fishing program :)

Scott