Been Invited On A 24 Hour Boat Trip

Elton

Spoke to somebody last night who invited me on a 24hr boat trip this coming Wednesday/Thursday. I think the boat was this one:

http://www.deepsea.co.uk/boats/shogun/index.htm

I've never done more than about 8 hours on a charter, so am going to see if I can get all my work done and make this trip!

Anyone fished on this boat? Is the skipper the same Rob who used to post here?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to somebody last night who invited me on a 24hr boat trip this coming Wednesday/Thursday. I think the boat was this one:

I've never done more than about 8 hours on a charter, so am going to see if I can get all my work done and make this trip!

Fished with RobT a few times on his old boat and hope to do a few trips on his new one.

Great guy, keen angler, knows his stuff, and an excellent skipper, with good weather it should be a great 24hrs. :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Has he got sleeping accommodation or are you all going to stay awake 24 hours? The boat doesn't look big enough to sleep a whole crew.

He has sleeping accommodation in there, I'm told, and heating, microwave, etc.

There'll only be 3 of us and the skipper.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

He has sleeping accommodation in there, I'm told, and heating, microwave, etc.

There'll only be 3 of us and the skipper.

Sounds great! :) What a luxury, having a boat that size between 3 :thumbs: Have a good one Elton. Full report when you return please.

Go for it Elton, you'll love it. :clap2:

The boat looks similar to Pat Carlin's Channel Chiftain V, loads of room. Spacious fishing deck, roomy cabin, with bunks below, more than enough for 3 of you.

After the trip, you'll think, 24 hours was not long enough. :sun:

I know you'll be fishing, but don't forget to take as many photos as possible. Those great memories will be captured forever. B)

Go & Enjoy :thumbs:

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

Yep, as long as I can wangle work and find a dog-sitter, I'll go for it.

The other two on the boat are editors of two sea fishing magazines, so there would be plenty of photos (and bait, no doubt!) :)

:clap2: I've fished on it when it had a different skipper and it ran out of Langstone Harbour. The new skipper is experienced as he's had a boat before but I've never been out with him. Things to check are: Does he provide drinks, 24 hours is a long time without a cuppa. What cooking facilities are there, if any. Sandwiches are OK but hot pies are better. Has it a loo. What will you be fishing for and what tackle/bait will you need. If you need any tackle I'm just down the road. Hope you have a great trip and I'm not jealous, much. :clap2:

Edited by Norm B

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Nov 12 2006, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:clap2: I've fished on it when it had a different skipper and it ran out of Langstone Harbour. The new skipper is experienced as he's had a boat before but I've never been out with him. Things to check are: Does he provide drinks, 24 hours is a long time without a cuppa. What cooking facilities are there, if any. Sandwiches are OK but hot pies are better. Has it a loo. What will you be fishing for and what tackle/bait will you need. If you need any tackle I'm just down the road. Hope you have a great trip and I'm not jealous, much. :clap2:

Enjoy it..wish I could come,long trips are better and the boat look's good..hope you catch and all the best.Graham