Been Invited On A 24 Hour Boat Trip

Elton

Hi Rob, Hope you are well mate.....The boat is looking really good.....will see you next year... :thumbs:

I've heard that this refit, is the refit to end all refits......spending loadsadosh !!!! :yeah:

I can definately vouch for your sailing "Capabilities".....and for your angling ones too....... :clap::clap:

Love the Website name !!!!! :clap::clap:

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Norrie

Website name has a couple of meanings....The company is called that but the boat will remain a 'Shogun', looking to possibly by a rib to run alongside the Cat whilst doing the corporate stuff and also for small party bassing in the evenings. She'll be 'Baby Blue'...!

The refit is being planned at the moment and aside from the internal head she's having a full respray and and the fish hold / deck gear replaced.

Would be great to fish with you again, still must come to Scotland!!! If you are looking at some bassing then please be quick, have only 7 weekend days availalbe in 07' and certainly won't be able to do a full weekend. Weekdays are not a problem but with Bookings coming in every day the prime summer dates are filling up fast.

I'm off to pick up tonights bait...will let you know if it's a success.

Rob

Guest challenge

Hello rob,

Looks like a lovely boat, good luck to you from all at chieftain charters.

Sorry about the photos did not mean any offence, just trying to make a bit of humour.

Take care and good luck with the fishing and the refit.

Regards.

Hi Rob

Welcome back and close yer ears for this bit!

Outstanding skipper who always ensures an entertaining day. Would recommend to anyone.

Sadly my crew is a little small for the boat next year so I will be hoping to get on a few individuals trips or make up numbers with other crews, but……….

If there is enough interest on here, I may try an organise a trip or two with Rob. I reckon we we will need at least 8 confirmed (I will be asking for at least 50% deposits having been stung this year!)

In fact it was him who showed me how to livebait for Bass

If only you'd remembered :P

Edited by jabee

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

If only you'd remembered :P

Hmmm, Seem to remember being one of the top rods on this years trip with Gregg.......AND only fished the one day !!!!

Also, did float fishing for bass with Livebaits too...seem to remember being the first angler in 2005 (on Robs boat) to catch a Bass using that method !!!!! :yeah::rolleyes::yeah:

Cough Cough !!!!! :P:P:P

Rob, Re the Corporate days...you still got the Hostess ???? I wont forget that night in the Haven in a hurry..... :headhurt: You gonna get one of those lovely white ribs then ??? Smashing looking boats....

And, yes, you still need a trip up here !!!! :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Its not the rod...its the angler......I seem to remember !!!! :D:D:D

I remember now....you missed the second day when we caught some proper fish :P

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

The company is called that but the boat will remain a 'Shogun',

I always thought it was unlucky to rename a boat but, it seems to happen!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

I think a few of the posters on here can also vouch for me despite my tender years (love that comment) I seem to remember 3 double figure bass in a couple of trips to 13lb for Norma, Dave and Paul (Grandad).

Rob

'Shogun'

Yep, would have vouched for you earlier Rob, but we have been in Brazil (fishing!). Look forward to more double figure bass with you in years to come.

Dave and Norma

PS Re "tender years" - its not how old you are - its how quickly you learn. I've been out with some "old sea dogs" who claim "years of experience". That's one way of measuring it, but with a few, it seems to be just eight hours experience, repeated a few hundred times!

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...