Rip off britain...

gonefishing

Hmmm,interesting, but these 'extra' courier charges, do you know what they are for? assuming all duties/taxex are paid how does any other charge come into it? The items I bid for were secondhand, does that not make a difference then?

Sorry for all the questions but you opened a bit of a can of worms here rudd!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what,I called in at the "Tackle Extravaganza" in Manchester yesterday. All tackle is sold at Knock down and Bankrupt stock prices!!! What a load of Crud!!! My mate had a stall and he was approached by the people who run the operation and told him he had to RAISE his prices because he was too cheap!!! We both sell the same gear (We have formed a new company) and so he had to put up his prices!! Now that to me IS profiteering!! All the stuff we sell is as my name suggests terminal tackle, like hooks,booms,clips and suchlike. I also do Beach rests and carp pods with alarms. Andy who is also involved sticks to sea fishing totally as he is happy with that. And Mike tends to sell a lot of fly tying gear, capes and floss and hooks etc., But to be told to put the prices up as he was too cheap?! That beggars belief. I actually walked round comparing prices and all o the gear was priced at say 99p for a certain item, now some were selling at £1.25 for the same item, I would sell the item at 80p!!! The item in question by the way is a 5 hook rig with small hokais on a 3/0 hook. But I also saw at one stall two zip sliders in a packet for £1.25?!! I sell the exact same items for 50p!!! and I am well happy with that!! I actually asked him how many he wanted to buy at 25p each? He didn't give me an answer?! Wonder why!!

Having said that, there were some real bargains to be had! I got myself a 9' and a 10' spinning rod with the new single leg rings ABU are putting out and a 9'6" uptider, same rings, How Much??? £30 for the three!! £10 each!!! What bargain?! They are actually Red Wolf rods which are the same blank as abu used several years ago. So they are still a pretty good rod and at a tenner if they bust after a couple of outings they will have paid for themselves anyway!! Psst...... anyone want to buy any rods or tackle?? I know a man who WON'T rip you off if you do!!

Chris

[ 19. April 2004, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Terminal -Tackle ]