Bass

You could replace fishermen with "a fisherman

Unfortunately that was the general consensus amongst the Essex lads who attended the recent Leigh-on-Sea meeting Wurzel :(

Perhaps they were the PG fan club? (PG was at the meeting).

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wurzel

post Yesterday, 10:57 PM

Post #5

Group: Members

Member No.: 6,262

Hello Leon

but compared to the size of the range of the stock they represent they are in fact a very vulnerable resource)

So vulnerable the French pair teams can hammer hell out of them for the last 20 odd years with out any real noticeable difference to the stock, if any thing the stock has increased.

--------------------

I fish to live and live to fish.

User is offlineProfile CardPM

Report PostGo to the top of the page

+

What planet are you living on Wurzel? As it cant be Earth, catches of decent sized bass here in Essex from the shore have plumeted over the last 5 years.

THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM THE FUZZY WUZZIES, THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM!

Hello Stavey

You still here?

I am more of a RSA than you are at the moment.

but sadly so is wurzels incessant commercial clap trap he preaches,

Does that mean you agree with some of what I say? I'm not sure.

Quote from my bass consultation letter,

"I agree with the anglers point of view that 36 cm is to small, using 90mm nets to target them makes the shoals of immature (36cm is immature) bass inshore , estuaries and creeks venerable"

Is it or is it not in favour of RSA Stavey?

What do I expect to achieve, I am not sure, some sort of compromise perhaps.

As for knowing better than any other living human being about fish stocks, I doubt that, but one thing is for sure, I know a lot more than you do about the job I do.

Why would you want to let the Spanish in?

Hi wurzel, i dont have the time to answer right now i am just off with me guitar for a pint and some rock n roll at the local jam night maybe you should get out more like me :) anyway full explanation tomorrow, ciao............

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

[quote name='frankthebass' date='Nov 16 2006, 06:38 PM' post='695107'

What planet are you living on Wurzel? As it cant be Earth, catches of decent sized bass here in Essex from the shore have plumeted over the last 5 years.

The last few years i have been visiting the portland race. The majority of the bass are very small, you have to be a bit lucky to catch any thing of size. The best chance for me to land a resonable size bass is while wrecking where they obviously have some protection.

regards barry

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

wurzel

post Yesterday, 10:57 PM

Post #5

Group: Members

Member No.: 6,262

Hello Leon

but compared to the size of the range of the stock they represent they are in fact a very vulnerable resource)

So vulnerable the French pair teams can hammer hell out of them for the last 20 odd years with out any real noticeable difference to the stock, if any thing the stock has increased.

--------------------

User is offlineProfile CardPM

Report PostGo to the top of the page

+

That does not surprise me Sam, most of the Essex coast is one big nursery area (shallow and sheltered)

there is not room for them.

I was talking in general terms.

We work into 3 miles off for a short time in the spring, last spring , once they eventually turned up, we caught as many double figure bass as ever.

That does not surprise me Sam, most of the Essex coast is one big nursery area (shallow and sheltered)

there is not room for them.

I was talking in general terms.

We work into 3 miles off for a short time in the spring, last spring , once they eventually turned up, we caught as many double figure bass as ever.

Hello Peter

But we did used to catch plenty of bigger bass in what you describe as nursery areas.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Hello Barry

The last few years i have been visiting the portland race. The majority of the bass are very small, you have to be a bit lucky to catch any thing of size. The best chance for me to land a resonable size bass is while wrecking where they obviously have some protection.

regards barry

I know what you mean, I know of other places the same.

The old resident shoal was caught several years ago, mainly on rod and line, what you are catching now are small new comers, if the area was left alone for 50 years it would be back to how it was,same as many other places around the coast. but how would that be possible? unless you took bass off the menue.

Hello Peter

But we did used to catch plenty of bigger bass in what you describe as nursery areas.

Hello Steve

But were there as many small fish at the same time?

Hello Steve

But were there as many small fish at the same time?

Depends what time of year you fished Peter. Early on we'd get bigger fish. Nothing huge, average about 3 to 4 lbs. Later in the summer it would drop off with mainly smaller fish, but still average 1.5 to 2 lbs, and in the autumn a run of 5 to 7lbs average size. I think I told you that my biggest bass to date, 9lbs, came from the river. That was fun fishing with flies, lures and light tackle in sheltered water.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Depends what time of year you fished Peter. Early on we'd get bigger fish. Nothing huge, average about 3 to 4 lbs. Later in the summer it would drop off with mainly smaller fish, but still average 1.5 to 2 lbs, and in the autumn a run of 5 to 7lbs average size. I think I told you that my biggest bass to date, 9lbs, came from the river. That was fun fishing with flies, lures and light tackle in sheltered water.

Hello Steve

No doubt you will have fishing like that again, but what I ment was were you catching a 3/4 pound fish every other cast as well,were there the same amount of very small bass in the river at the same time.

Hello Stavey

You still here?

YES!!

I am more of a RSA than you are at the moment.

YES!!

but sadly so is wurzels incessant commercial clap trap he preaches,

Does that mean you agree with some of what I say? I'm not sure.

Maybe? it was meant as a bit of a joke

Quote from my bass consultation letter,

"I agree with the anglers point of view that 36 cm is to small, using 90mm nets to target them makes the shoals of immature (36cm is immature) bass inshore , estuaries and creeks venerable"

Is it or is it not in favour of RSA Stavey?

The 36cm being to small granted, but did you agree on the 45cm recommendation?

What do I expect to achieve, I am not sure, some sort of compromise perhaps.

Fair enough

As for knowing better than any other living human being about fish stocks, I doubt that, but one thing is for sure, I know a lot more than you do about the job I do.

Probably, not arguing with that.

Why would you want to let the Spanish in?

I dont want them in as much as you but you know that it could be a possibility in the future? you keep on saying that there is nothing wrong with fish stocks and there is plenty around might give the eu ministers the wrong/right idea ;)

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly