What fishing news forgot to mention

big_cod

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get used to it Paul. There will be a lot more to come in the future. They want the fish you catch. The NFFO will be funding people to read sites like this and probably the websites of individual charter skippers. Wouldnt surprise me if they fund people to come in here and stir the **** already.

Any reports of good catches will appear in the fishing news paper and a campaign will be mounted to have you licensed and your catches limited.

What fishing news forgot to mention when mentioning when quoting catches on angling boats was fish for fish just how many discards go back over the side as to what anglers take, discards far out weigh what anglers catch throughout the year they are a bunch of hipocrits get there own house in order befor throwing stones in glass houses. :angry:

You lot thew the first stones.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Get used to it Paul. There will be a lot more to come in the future. They want the fish you catch. The NFFO will be funding people to read sites like this and probably the websites of individual charter skippers. Wouldnt surprise me if they fund people to come in here and stir the **** already.

Any reports of good catches will appear in the fishing news paper and a campaign will be mounted to have you licensed and your catches limited.

It has come to a sad day when the commercial angling press start compairing angling catches we all know this doesnt happen every day .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Your not kidding there Glenn, they don't need to pay people to do it, many are doing it willingly.

Lets face it your not going to beat 1.5 million anglers on an individual basis, but what you can do is undermine the leadership, sow the seeds of doubt, cut the head off the snake, pull the tigers claws, which ever phrase you wish to use, either way 'divide and ye shall conquer'. Its a trick that has been used before and one that is now being used against RSA. These tactics are going to be used more widely as we've seen on AN, the proponents have already managed to get conservation issues and discussion on the future of our sport separated and marginalised so that just a few now have input. The rest of the sea angling fraternity will continue blissfully unaware of the dangers. Isn't a bit strange that those who were most vociferous in their need for a separate forum because they didn't want to get involved or read about conservation and politics are still posting in this forum.

Unfortunately Elton was duped into this move, and that has simply marginalised the issues and removed for some, one of the few opportunities to remain informed.

Don't worry about the forum being Seperate Nigel. In time this will become the most read forum on Anglersnet - Probably get a whole bunch of new recruits to replace the moaners. There already appears to be new members in just a few days. IMO having the forums seperate will benefit angling in the long run.

It has come to a sad day when the commercial angling press start compairing angling catches we all know this doesnt happen every day so what happened to the thousands upon thousands of boxes of black fish what was landed day after day year after year have we all forgot about that suddenly once again bunch of hippocrits.

Paul it is indeed a sad day, but those boxes and boxes of Black fish went over that wall never to return and made some wealthy people even more wealthy. The fish went over the wall whilst a blind eye was turned by the people who should have been stopping it and by individuals who know what was going on but didn't do anything because they didn't want to upset the same people they sat down with and drank a pint or 2 with on a night. Too late to complain now m8 its all done and dusted.

The current situation is on a yearly basis thousands of immature codling are being killed. We know where we know when but people again wont say or do anything. We get what we deserve.

I hope your right Glenn, it would be nice to have some means of assessing how many visit this forum as opposed to the sea fishing forum.

Ask Elton or Newt They may have some stats on visits to the forums.

Edited by glennk

Don't worry about the forum being Seperate Nigel. In time this will become the most read forum on Anglersnet - Probably get a whole bunch of new recruits to replace the moaners. There already appears to be new members in just a few days. IMO having the forums seperate will benefit angling in the long run.

I hadn't read your post just now when I posted on that exact subject. seems that most of the "Sea Forum" lot have migrated here. Maybe those that care about the future of our sport are more numerous than some think.