What fishing news forgot to mention

big_cod

Personally, I love it when the commercial boys come on here. They remind me of the guy staggering around in the pub car park trying to find his keys saying "I'm perfectly OK to drive." In his mind he's talking sense and won't be convinced otherwise. Every word that comes out of his mouth just convinces everyone else that they were right about the state of him all along.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your not kidding there Glenn, they don't need to pay people to do it, many are doing it willingly.

Lets face it your not going to beat 1.5 million anglers on an individual basis, but what you can do is undermine the leadership, sow the seeds of doubt, cut the head off the snake, pull the tigers claws, which ever phrase you wish to use, either way 'divide and ye shall conquer'. Its a trick that has been used before and one that is now being used against RSA. These tactics are going to be used more widely as we've seen on AN, the proponents have already managed to get conservation issues and discussion on the future of our sport separated and marginalised so that just a few now have input. The rest of the sea angling fraternity will continue blissfully unaware of the dangers. Isn't a bit strange that those who were most vociferous in their need for a separate forum because they didn't want to get involved or read about conservation and politics are still posting in this forum.

Unfortunately Elton was duped into this move, and that has simply marginalised the issues and removed for some, one of the few opportunities to remain informed.

And you don't think they come over here for a good read :lol:

I was on here late last night ME and eight guest :lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

If you were a newcomer to sea angling, and you stumbled across this forum, would you look at the sea angling section or the conservation and politics section? I'd say most would head straight for the sea angling section.

If conservation and politics threads could have stayed on the main sea angling section, any newcomers to the sport would have realised straight away how important these issues are to our sport. As it stands now, they will remain as blissfully unaware as most sea anglers already are about what does and doesn't affect their sport.

I still say that a seperate forum was a mistake.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

If you were a newcomer to sea angling, and you stumbled across this forum, would you look at the sea angling section or the conservation and politics section? I'd say most would head straight for the sea angling section.

If conservation and politics threads could have stayed on the main sea angling section, any newcomers to the sport would have realised straight away how important these issues are to our sport. As it stands now, they will remain as blissfully unaware as most sea anglers already are about what does and doesn't affect their sport.

And I will agree 100% with you. Please Elton, reconsider.

And I will agree 100% with you. Please Elton, reconsider.

It certainly makes the jobs of those monitoring rsa easier.

They don't have to wade though all of that boring stuff on baits, rods, which reels to use etc now and can go straight to the nitty gritty.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Personally, I love it when the commercial boys come on here. They remind me of the guy staggering around in the pub car park trying to find his keys saying "I'm perfectly OK to drive." In his mind he's talking sense and won't be convinced otherwise. Every word that comes out of his mouth just convinces everyone else that they were right about the state of him all along.

Yes , but the same could be said about the good old RSA aswell!

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Your not kidding there Glenn, they don't need to pay people to do it, many are doing it willingly.

Lets face it your not going to beat 1.5 million anglers on an individual basis, but what you can do is undermine the leadership, sow the seeds of doubt, cut the head off the snake, pull the tigers claws, which ever phrase you wish to use, either way 'divide and ye shall conquer'. Its a trick that has been used before and one that is now being used against RSA. These tactics are going to be used more widely as we've seen on AN, the proponents have already managed to get conservation issues and discussion on the future of our sport separated and marginalised so that just a few now have input. The rest of the sea angling fraternity will continue blissfully unaware of the dangers. Isn't a bit strange that those who were most vociferous in their need for a separate forum because they didn't want to get involved or read about conservation and politics are still posting in this forum.

Unfortunately Elton was duped into this move, and that has simply marginalised the issues and removed for some, one of the few opportunities to remain informed.

How exactly was Elton duped / deceived then........ Doctor? Elton (from what i have seen in my short membership) appears to run a tight ship , and if he likes / dislikes something , then he will deal with accordingly

Who has duped him?

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

How exactly was Elton duped / deceived then........ Doctor? Elton (from what i have seen in my short membership) appears to run a tight ship , and if he likes / dislikes something , then he will deal with accordingly

Who has duped him?

I don't think duped is the right word. I think he was pressurised by a vociferous minority who aren't interested in, or don't care about, the future. They managed to persuade Elton that they were the majority and that those who are interested and do care are the minority. As post rates over the last couple of days are beginning to indicate, it might have been more appropriate for Elton to have started a "I've got my fingers in my ears Lah, Lah, lah, I'm not listening! forum", just for them.

To put it mildly it has spoiled the forum on sea fishing steve.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Who has duped him?

Hello moto

Elton was swayed in to change by those who are dead against change imo, that should not be to hard for you to work out motorola, on a different note is that a picture of you as your avatar? or is it jockey wilson???????

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly