Amazing baseball play

Newt

And one that should have been very embarassing to the outfielder who was lazy. Thanks to Jan for finding this one.

Youtube Video ->Original Video
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Whatta catch! Sign that girl up now, if its not faked ;)

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

So was the ball out of bounds when she caught it? Otherwise wouldn't she have been interfering with play or something? (Quite clearly I know precisely bugger all about the rules of baseball!) Amazing catch though - I couldn't work out how the hell she got that high until the replay…

Amazing catch, but she did have a glove on.

I remember two similar incidents in cricket (we catch the hard ball barehanded, Newt)

First one at the Oval - I went to watch a match between Surrey and the West Indies - sometime in the 1960s. WI were over here for a test series.

Someone hit a six - back over the bowler's head, far into the crowd. A very large gentleman of Afro-Caribbean origin not only caught it, BUT RETURNED IT DIRECT TO THE WICKETKEEPER.

I remember thinking "Blimey!, if that's the standard of cricket just in their supporters, then we are in trouble." So it proved, MCC lost the series.

The second incident I saw on TV . MCC v Australia. Again a straight six, this time caught by a member of a TV crew, who after the catch, returned the ball to the nearest fielder, gave a boxer's salute and managed the whole process without taking his cigarette out of his mouth. Cool.

Some of you may be young enough to remember this second incident.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Amazing catch though - I couldn't work out how the hell she got that high until the replay…

Amazing catch, but she did have a glove on.

I remember two similar incidents in cricket (we catch the hard ball barehanded, Newt)

Chaps, read my post again. It IS A FAKE, THIS DID NOT HAPPEN. It was shot as an add for Gatorade. She is a stunt girl, on wires aided with a soupçon of CGI

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Chaps, read my post again. It IS A FAKE, THIS DID NOT HAPPEN. It was shot as an add for Gatorade. She is a stunt girl, on wires aided with a soupçon of CGI

I did just read your post again and it still says "if it's a fake"! I prefer to think that she can actually fly though! (I'm resisting the urge to edit my post to show how I could never possibly have fallen for it! ;) )

Whatta catch! Sign that girl up now, if its not faked

Chaps, read my post again. It IS A FAKE,

Hmmmmm. No comment

Whatever, The cricket incidents I referred to were real enough.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...