no more red diesel

barry luxton

Just heard on the news that our friends at the eu have dissallowed the use of red diesel on private boats, does this mean a few guys will be put out of work and what is the cost going to be for the charter boat industry. Will it mean no more red diesel for the charter boats? A sad day ?

Regards barry

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Just heard on the news that our friends at the eu have dissallowed the use of red diesel on private boats, does this mean a few guys will be put out of work and what is the cost going to be for the charter boat industry. Will it mean no more red diesel for the charter boats? A sad day ?

Regards barry

[/quotedisallowed]

Very soon there will be no red diesel for anyone.

Legitimate businesses like farmers and fishermen both commercial and charter will pay the duty and claim it back. It is meant stop folk putting cherry blossom in there private cars.

Private boat owners can't claim the duty back on petrol so I guess it was only a matter of time before they stopped the private diesel boat user

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/6062

Boatowners hit by end of exemption

Published: 07 December, 2006

PRIVATE boat owners will lose the right to use red diesel from January 1, it emerged today.

Financial Secretary John Healey told the House of Commons in a heated

exchange with Northern Isles MP Alistair Carmichael that the European Commission had rejected an UK application that would have seen pleasure boat owners able to continue to purchase cheaper red diesel.

Mr Carmichael had been on the forefront of a campaign for many years to try to ensure that private boat owners would continue to benefit from cheaper diesel.The news was condemned by boat users in the Northern Isles where owning a boat is part of the lifestyle of many.

The chairman of the Shetland Marinas, Piers and Boating Clubs Association (SMPBCA), Bobby Hunter said the change meant yet another tax on people living in rural Britain.

"In a community where boats are an integral part of society.It is yet

another tax being put on us from a government that really doesn't think too much about rural and remote communities" he said.

Earlier today, Mr Carmichael had attacked Mr Healey suggesting that the fight for keeping red diesel might not have been lost had the secretary more "backbone."

Up until now, the UK has been able to supply red diesel to private boat owners under a derogation from EU rules. This derogation has now not been extended.

Mr Carmichael told the Government's Financial Secretary: "Can I say to him, I have pursued him on this point for a number of years now? This is something which could have been dealt with much more quickly and much sooner had he had the backbone to do it."

Mr Healey told the Commons that he was well aware that the derogation permitting the use of red diesel in Britain is highly valued by private boat owners and users.

He added: "We put the strongest possible case to the Commission. We

prepared that case in close cooperation and with contributions from many of the organisations affected. We could have done little more to press the case.

"I spoke personally with the Commissioner and have written personally to the Commission on this issue. There is no further stage in this process now."

Mr Carmichael commented: "I first raised this issue with Treasury

Ministers in 2004. Now, with less than a month to go before the derogation expires, we are told that private boats will not be able to use red diesel.

"Private boat users have been the victim of New Labour prejudices.They clearly thought that they were dealing with a few rich people on their gin palaces. The opposite is true. This change will serve to exclude many people on low incomes from enjoying boat use."

www.fishupdate.com is published by Special Publica

Private boat owners who use gas oil for central heating will probably use some of that. There will be red diesel in the boat tank already so using half red/half derv will probably be un-definable for some time.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Private boat owners who use gas oil for central heating will probably use some of that. There will be red diesel in the boat tank already so using half red/half derv will probably be un-definable for some time.

Any oil I think as long as the engine is warm....I think there is a bit of difference between heat oil.28secs/35secs and the diesel...some cars will run from start with veg/rape/sunflower oil etc...but the concern is the seals on the pump..the viscosity of the stuff...some people just put a bit of petrol in

If the EU have their way only "White Diesel"will be legal in private boats (as it is with private cars) and illegally laundered fuel users shall be prosecuted.

If this is the case does anyone have an idea of what the actuall cost of the same fuel is in the differant eu countries, compared with what gb will pay. I understand that the french only use white and they do have police checking the boats, is this correct as i understand it?

I feel sorry for narrow boat owners who live on them and who use deisel to heat thier boats etc. Say 40p per litre goes up to 90p minimum.

cheers barry :yucky:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I phoned up the Customs and Excise to try and get some facts on what was going to happen over the new diesel rules. No-one there knew very much about the situation. They took my questions down and my phone number, saying that they would find out what they could about it, then someone would phone me back on the subject. They phoned back two days later. All they could definitely say was that the new ruling would only apply to private boats.

They also said that they were going to have to apply for a temporary exemption as no-one there had been informed properly about how they were going to deal with the new rules, or police them. They did not know whether they were going to enforce white diesel on private users, or just put the price of red up to them. If you have been using red, your tanks will be well stained with dye so it will be a very difficult thing to enforce. Who knows what will happen? Maybe they will put the price of red up to the price of white and then only let commercial operators claim the duty back - in the same way that commercial operators can claim the duty back on petrol.

As for what is paid for fuel in other EU countries, I don’t know. However, seven years ago, I filled up with white diesel in Gibraltar for the same price as I could have filled up with red in the UK.

JB

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com