How To Guides

Elton

When I asked stoaty if I could use his cuttlefish guide on the main site, and North East Sea Angling, he was more than happy to help. The result is this:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Sea-Fishing-Ar...shing_bait.html

It's definitely an article that will be used by many visitors to the site.

stoaty also mentioned that he'd like to see more such articles in the forums. In particular, he mentioned a guide to making a wishbone rig would be handy.

If anyone has the time, knowledge and inclination to prepare any such useful guide for fellow forum members, I'm sure that it will go down well. If enough people come up with them, I'll try to come up with some kind of prize for the 'best' ones used next year.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I asked stoaty if I could use his cuttlefish guide on the main site, and North East Sea Angling, he was more than happy to help. The result is this:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Sea-Fishing-Ar...shing_bait.html

It's definitely an article that will be used by many visitors to the site.

stoaty also mentioned that he'd like to see more such articles in the forums. In particular, he mentioned a guide to making a wishbone rig would be handy.

If anyone has the time, knowledge and inclination to prepare any such useful guide for fellow forum members, I'm sure that it will go down well. If enough people come up with them, I'll try to come up with some kind of prize for the 'best' ones used next year.

Anyone interested in a 'how to replace a rod ring' (amateur style....I'll leave the pro advice to StanM :) )

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Re-ringing would appeal across the board, too, not just to sea anglers.

By the way, anyone commercially involved in angling will, obviously, get a link back from any article they provide to their homepage.

Honestly, the 'how to' articles have always been the most searched for pages on any site I've been involved with.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Nice thread and photos :) Tying on rod rings aint rocket science. It cannot be because I have done a few rods myself. Mind you the tying was not to a professional standard :headhurt:

Mr Massey will hopefully come onto this thread and give us all a lesson :sun:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Elton, perfectly happy to give a guide on re-ringing [no pun intended] ( hate that term rings, they aint rings they are guides, they guide the line along the blank and Aftco rollers certainly aint rings,,,,,,, anyway rant over.)

Probably better with a few pics but no idea how to do that so PM me with advice.

Stan :)

Elton, perfectly happy to give a guide on re-ringing [no pun intended] ( hate that term rings, they aint rings they are guides, they guide the line along the blank and Aftco rollers certainly aint rings,,,,,,, anyway rant over.)

Probably better with a few pics but no idea how to do that so PM me with advice.

Stan :)

Stan, you have PM mate !!!! :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

For anyone reading this...

For me, the easiest way would be to write the text in, say, Word and then send the photos as separate attachments. Embedding them into Word just causes problems.

Where you want the photos, just add a tag like {pic 1} or {guide1234.jpg}.

Hope that makes sense LOL

What we actually need is a list of things for a "how to do" thread. Then we need some people to knock some off the list by posting a few pictures and explaining how it's done. Most of the things an experienced angler does are automatic and may seem common sense. However there are thousands of newbie anglers that are clueless. You must have seen them on the beach or a boat they are the ones using the multiplier under the rod and turning the handle backwards. These are the anglers that need these "how to do's"

So heres a few suggestions,

How to light a paraffin lamp without singeing your eyebrows off.

How to make your own feathers.

How to remove a hook from your hand. (Who's hand we going use for that one?innocent.gif)

A noobie friend just told me the hardest thing for them was understanding how all the different booms work! Which way up and where on the line they go. He also told me he does not understand all the various clip down, clip up rigs and how to build them. If you you build a good rig here's a chance to show others.

Edited by Stoaty