Plans for the weekend

Scotty T

Looks like we finally have a decent weather window for the weekend, well down here anyway, fells like ages since I last got out, probably 4 weeks at least!

Have been invited on a charter trip on Sunday, first one for a while and its nice not to have to organise everything for a change. Not sure where we're heading, but probably be after Cod, Whiting mainly.

Roll on

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Scott, You lucky devil you !!!!! We still have torrential rain, and very high speed gusts....forecast through the weekend.....my boat is sitting on its trailer in the drive, rocking like a rocking thing !!!! :P:P No fishing for me this weekend. :(

Have a good trip..... :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Scott, You lucky devil you !!!!! We still have torrential rain, and very high speed gusts....forecast through the weekend.....my boat is sitting on its trailer in the drive, rocking like a rocking thing !!!! :P:P No fishing for me this weekend. :(

Have a good trip..... :D:D

Cheers Norrie,

Hope you get out soon mate, sure it will be worth the wait, just getting out there will be enough for me this weekend (but then don't we all say that!) ;)

Scott

Looks like we finally have a decent weather window for the weekend, well down here anyway, fells like ages since I last got out, probably 4 weeks at least!

Have been invited on a charter trip on Sunday, first one for a while and its nice not to have to organise everything for a change. Not sure where we're heading, but probably be after Cod, Whiting mainly.

Roll on

Scott

:clap2: I think I'll try to get out Sunday as the forecast is looking good for a change. The skippers could do with some business. If I can't get out I might have to fish on the beach, I'm suffering withdrawal symptons. :clap2:

Hiya,

Looks like more of the same for up here over the weekend :(

I've got a boat to repair and my own to get out the water.. but the conditions aint sutable for doing either :(

btw.. what's fishing ????

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Hiya,

Looks like more of the same for up here over the weekend :(

I've got a boat to repair and my own to get out the water.. but the conditions aint sutable for doing either :(

btw.. what's fishing ????

Best of luck Davy, you sound like a busy boy!

Hopeing for a half decent cod to be honest, Poole bay has a habit of throwing up the odd lunker, always a good head of whiting about, 3lb fish ar not uncommon, chance of a ray and the ever present congers, real mix bag really, but I'll be going big pennell and a load of squid to try and temp my first cod.

Scott

Best of luck Davy, you sound like a busy boy!

Yup.. too bloomin busy :(

Hopeing for a half decent cod to be honest, Poole bay has a habit of throwing up the odd lunker, always a good head of whiting about, 3lb fish ar not uncommon, chance of a ray and the ever present congers, real mix bag really, but I'll be going big pennell and a load of squid to try and temp my first cod.

Scott

My fingers are crossed for you mate :thumbs::thumbs:

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

off prawn fishing on saturday, might try to actually land a conger while i'm at it this time.

don't tell Mrs Becky i'm conger fishing, shes happy when i come back with prawns & crabs, don't want to get her hopes up.

Newsflash.......................Newsflash

South coast Cod DO still exist!!!! On my charter trip yesterday the guy next to me had a 24lb lunker!!!! Never seen a big cod in the flesh, was a truely memorable experience.

Have pics, a very good pic, will sort my life out this morning and get it posted.

Scott

post-5399-1166438978_thumb.jpg

post-5399-1166438993_thumb.jpg

Here you go, 24lb of prime Poole Bay Cod, a cracking fish in first class condition. There's a few Cod showing, not in great numbers but then we're used to that, pretty sure this is the biggest so far this year for our local area. Only managed one whiting on the boat yesterday which was unusual, lots of jumbo pout and dog's.

Two trawlers have been working the Cod and Whiting grounds in Poole Bay all weekend, which is horrible to see, they seem to be waiting in the wings for the first reports of fish at this time of year.

Would like to congratulate Matt, the angler that landed to Cod, was his best fish to date, and he was absolutely made up, great to see.

Out next weekend fishing privately with my mate, determined to get one, even a 4lb'er would do, high pressure and settled weather all week, could be the last chance for 2006!

Tight lines

Scott