Gerry Castles

Vidar6

I was thinking about Gerry and a good way for us to remember him.

Perhaps we could start a lure fishing forum on here and name it after him? The Argyll Forum - Lure Fishing or something like that. At the top it could feature links to the many useful articles he wrote about lure fishing.

Just a thought.

What do you guys think?

Simon

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about Gerry and a good way for us to remember him.

Perhaps we could start a lure fishing forum on here and name it after him? The Argyll Forum - Lure Fishing or something like that. At the top it could feature links to the many useful articles he wrote about lure fishing.

Just a thought.

What do you guys think?

Simon

Edited by Charlie Bettell

Gerry would not have wanted to see his name up in lights - so to speak!

Gerry will never be forgotten by his close friends and acquaintances.

I'm sure Gerry's close friends would prefer not to be continually reminded of their great loss.

Fair enough.

I was not a close friend of Gerry's, but I enjoyed his posts and had a lot of restpect for him indeed. All I was doing was suggesting what I thought would be a nice gesture.

Reading between the lines I can't help but think you would rather have written "get lost you sycophant, you didn't know Gerry so how dare you." If I read that wrong than I apologise, it sometimes happens with the written word.

All I can say is that upsetting people was the complete oposite of what I was trying to do. My dads old friend Tom was very keen on lawn bowls, and they named a green after him, which delighted his friends and family. I was just thinking of a similar thing.

Simon

Fair enough.

I was not a close friend of Gerry's, but I enjoyed his posts and had a lot of restpect for him indeed. All I was doing was suggesting what I thought would be a nice gesture.

Reading between the lines I can't help but think you would rather have written "get lost you sycophant, you didn't know Gerry so how dare you." If I read that wrong than I apologise, it sometimes happens with the written word.

All I can say is that upsetting people was the complete oposite of what I was trying to do. My dads old friend Tom was very keen on lawn bowls, and they named a green after him, which delighted his friends and family. I was just thinking of a similar thing.

Simon

Then perhaps you need to look at the tone that comes across in your posts.

I was doing nothing but making what I thought was a nice suggestion and I can't help but feel somewhat shot down my your remarks.

But knowing what forums can be like I am quite used to picking myself up, brushing myself down and leaving it, which I will now do.

Lure forum or not, one thing he would want was this!

Thanks to those who sent me PMs, they were appreciated.

Simon

Then perhaps you need to look at the tone that comes across in your posts.

I was doing nothing but making what I thought was a nice suggestion and I can't help but feel somewhat shot down my your remarks.

But knowing what forums can be like I am quite used to picking myself up, brushing myself down and leaving it, which I will now do.

Lure forum or not, one thing he would want was this!

Thanks to those who sent me PMs, they were appreciated.

Simon

I am in complete agreement wth Dave and Peter; it's all getting a bit unseemly lads, can we call it a day please.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.