live bait

carphead07

hi all

wot i meant bye a bit of both is that i shall me going off the shore and i'm going

to do some boat fishing so my friend jay harris has got it wrong

mike finlay the carpinator

For shore fishing with livebaits, what you really need is a non-return slider clip - but they're not available in the UK.

If you know anyone who visits South Africa, ask them a favour.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

hi all just another quik question

rite where i sometimes fish in the summer theres plenty of gobie around

i was wondering if i was to put on a small gobie would bass go for it ???

question no 2: do ordinary crabs work as well as peelers ?

thank all

mike finlay the carpinator

hi all just another quik question

rite where i sometimes fish in the summer theres plenty of gobie around

i was wondering if i was to put on a small gobie would bass go for it ???

question no 2: do ordinary crabs work as well as peelers ?

thank all

I have seen the locals using Gobies at Bude, tried it myself but no luck. I succeeded using Ammo blast frozen sandeels, which tended to non-plus them somewhat

Edited by Trubshaw

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

The one on the right is Trubshaw, the one on the left is Teal.

hi trubshaw

just a quik question what did you acctualy catch when you used frozen sandeel

and how big and how many

thanx mike finlay

Sorry. 3 Bass in one evening, this was last hour inbound of high tide and first hour out at Bude in Cornwall. Locals were livebating with Gobies and got nothing. Largest 6lbs next 4lbs smallest 3lbs.

Only went one evening.

H

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

The one on the right is Trubshaw, the one on the left is Teal.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ Dec 14 2006, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

:clap2: I prefer a single hook through the nose or top lip. I don't use trebles as I worry about the fish being unable to feed if the line breaks. The treble could hook into top and bottom lips and seal the mouth. It's just a personal thing as trebles are very effective catchers and I don't think I've lost more than a couple of fish due to the line being chafed but 1 is 1 too many if it can't feed. :clap2:

I'm with Norm, 6/0 J hook for livebaiting with mackies and larger livebaits, top lip hook, being carefull not to hook to far back of course.

Match the hook size to the bait, a 6/0 through the top lip of a small wrasse will leave your bait dead and also presentation won't be the best.

Scott

WHAT A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES!!!! Not wanting to use trebbles.... So let me get this right - you see no harm in first catching the live bait i.e mackerel or wrasse and THEN using them as live bait (re-hooking them again...

Is a life not a life, regardless of wht species it is??? Please correct me If I'm wrong.

By the way, Im not an animal rights person... I'm a commercial (but let's not go there...)

Cheers Chaps, Tight Lines and merry crimbo!