Cumbria Trip

SeaDooDavid

Fishng in Cumbria :)

Finally had the pleasure of meeting Martin Hurst, up here on a visit to the promised land :lol:

Absolutely smashing bloke that Brittas and a good paddle and craic was had :thumbs:

The venue we planned to got to was off due to weather (blowing a hoolie on Sunday morning....phew!)

but there is an Estuary very close by so some paddling was still possible. Not a great venue, although have caught a few good flatties in past times, but wasn't to be on this trip sadly :schmoll: We were plagued by crabs (stop itching, the sea kind) and there was a fair drift on the shallow tide, that calmed eventually.

The rain has been torrential here lately and I supose the Estuary was still bloated with fresh water, which I am sure puts the flatties off!. Still we had a good old fish and put the world to rights as you do. If anything, meeting up with other kayak fishermen has made me more determined to get to more meets and venues. There is nothing like meeting up with other like minded enthusiasts and talk about the sport you enjoy so much.

Typically, today the sea was flat calm!!!! Grrrrrr how does it know!!

I managed to get a little evenings paddle in after, errr whats that thing I occasionally turn up for when not fishing, oh yes work ha ha, and what a beautiful sunset (no camera with me though tsk!)

More determined to get Martin out to the cod mark in mind, so next reasonable weather and suitable tide Martin, get hinting at that return visit to the relatives :D Also the St Bees mark sounds Velly intellesting!.

Great day, great bloke, great craic.........nuff said.........even found my torch when I got back Martin :thumbs:

May there be many more! (never even got pushed around Nifty ha ha)

Some pics of the Estuary and the russian hatted Mr Brittaski: (2 pics to follow)

SDD~~~~~~ :sun:

Next pic

post-6361-1166480219_thumb.jpg

post-6361-1166480512_thumb.jpg

post-6361-1166481215_thumb.jpg

Glad you had a good day out with Brittas, not a bad bloke really, although he does seem to have the same effect on my fishing when he's with me, I don't catch! I think it's his singing that does it :headhurt:

We'll have to try and organise a puddle meet over the holiday, I think Simon is up for it, maybe even for a couple of days and you can take us out for some of them worm ridden spotty things that you get from the chippy :yucky: if the weather is half decent. :thumbs:

Stu.

BTW: Is it just my computer being a tad slow, or is it this new/ interim forum that won't load :angry: ?

Glad you had a good day out with Brittas, not a bad bloke really, although he does seem to have the same effect on my fishing when he's with me, I don't catch! I think it's his singing that does it :headhurt:

We'll have to try and organise a puddle meet over the holiday, I think Simon is up for it, maybe even for a couple of days and you can take us out for some of them worm ridden spotty things that you get from the chippy :yucky: if the weather is half decent. :thumbs:

Stu.

BTW: Is it just my computer being a tad slow, or is it this new/ interim forum that won't load :angry: ?

Hi Stu :)

I know what you mean about the singing, he does do it a lot haha (cheerful chappie really :) ) Would be great for a big puddle bash and I will defo be up for that :thumbs: As for spotty worm ridden things, I think that may have been my ex ha ha :D

Anyone else for a pike bash in the big puddles????????

Hi Zzippy, cheers mate! was glad to get the yak in the water :clap2: Think the tornado looking cloud may have been Martins singing too :lol::lol::lol:

SDD~~~~~ :sun:

Hi Seadoo,

I havn't been able to get the pics to load but they sound good :wallbash:

Can understand why Brittas sings to himself though after spending the last ten years down here. Sheep have a limited vocabulary and it's enough to send you " Baaaarmy" :D

Hi Seadoo,

I havn't been able to get the pics to load but they sound good :wallbash:

Can understand why Brittas sings to himself though after spending the last ten years down here. Sheep have a limited vocabulary and it's enough to send you " Baaaarmy" :D

Ha ha :lol: same up here Stu!, lucky they can't speak :lol:

Had any luck with the pics yet? they seem to be loaded ok?

Reading up all I can on pike fishing mate :) dying to have a go now! I went out for an evening paddle last night on the sea (flat calm) bit scary on my own, don't think I will do that again without company (there's noises out there) Reminded me of the film the fog ha ha :2:

SDD~~~~~ :sun:

Weather-wise it's such a lovely day

You just say the words and we'll beat the birds

Down to Eskmeals Bay

It's perfect for a flying honeymoon, they say

Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away

:headhurt: Too much x factor , not enough fishing!!

just had a short paddle around the heads before setting off back , bit of fog and velly velly cold (didnt notice your chinese accent SDD!!) superb sunrise !! Your one luck bloke having all this on your doorstep - but we've got TOPE!!!!.

Very enjoyable paddle and great to meet up mate - i'll be back!!

Just checked with er indoors and apparently I do sing alot!!! Slightly more in Tune mind than Niftys and Darnsarfs Snoring and no where near as loud!

Edited by Martin Hurst

Ok Prowler 13

I do sing alot!!! Slightly more in Tune mind than Niftys and Darnsarfs Snoring and no where near as loud!

Ha ha, good lyrics mate. obviously the land of our fathers has rubbed off on you! Plenty of male voice choirs to pick from I would think? :D

If this flat calm holds for Friday I will be out on that cod mark mate :thumbs: will let you know how I do!

Quite like the idea of a puddle pike meet! sing nicely to Nifty and he will fill you in on it :D

Nice to meet ya Martin, C ya again for another crack at them cod or even pike!

Dave

back in wales after a dodgy drive home with plenty of fog all the way down :headhurt:

Didnt get any photos of the trip as I left the aquapac in Wales but pulled up around the corner for a couple of shots of Daves back garden , looking up the estuary (Esk) towards Eskdale and scafell.

Once again what a lucky fella you are SDD , and waberthwaites sausage shop on your doorstep as well :thumbs:

cumbria002.jpg

cumbria003.jpg

Edited by Martin Hurst

Ok Prowler 13

back in wales after a dodgy drive home with plenty of fog all the way down :headhurt:

Didnt get any photos of the trip as I left the aquapac in Wales but pulled up around the corner for a couple of shots of Daves back garden , looking up the estuary (Esk) towards Eskdale and scafell.

Once again what a lucky fella you are SDD , and waberthwaites sausage shop on your doorstep as well :thumbs:

cumbria002.jpg

cumbria003.jpg

have to agree there Martin it certainly looks beautiful from your pictures :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph