Recording Freeview

poledark

Bought a digibox, connected it as per instructions, switched on and setup, tried to record any of the freeview channels but can only get terrestial ones on recorder.

Does anyone on here manage to record freeview? I can't even get it to work via my new HD ready all singing and dancing TV

Doing my head in........................

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

why not hook it up to your pc if you have a video card with suitable connections if not buy a diffrent one for the job then download some free software that will allow you to see the freeview or rather what ever is being played on the video card, most softwares have a record function

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

You should have bought a PVR (personal video recorder) with Freeview included. I got one made by Humax a couple of years ago and it is the most useful "toy" I ever bought! The newer ones now have twin tuners and huge hard disc drives for about £180, more basic ones like mine are cheaper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Humax-PVR9200T-Set...x/dp/B000BO2F6M

They really do change the way you watch TV. Make a brew or do the washing up just as a film is starting and then you can sit down and watch it slightly time-shifted and zip through all the commercial breaks, brilliant!

you will need to set your tv to 'bridge' the scarts so that you output the tv on one of the scarts to the video/pvr.

this should be a menu selection on the tv.

You need to do this if your TV has the freeview decoder and not your video - the TV must send the freeview signal once decoded down to the video via scart.

My sony setup all found themselves and did it all automaticaly - (TV, DVD & Video) , I've now also got a digital PVR and they are brill but did need 'manual' setting up as not sony.

And the real clever bit about having a digital PVR and a 'freeview' TV? you can record 2 freeview channels on the PVR and watch another channel on the TV at the same time (and that channel could be recorded on my old video).

Now my only problem is finding 3 programs at the same time I want to watch!!!

(Odd the Mrs has no trouble finding zillions of housy & lifestyle progs to record)

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Thanks for replies, problem is that the instruction book says I can do it with what I have bought/already have.

I can watch any of the freeview channels,but only record analogue despite the book saying I can record digital, buying something else is not an option at the moment, just spent £1200 on an HD ready TV with freeview built in.

Tried Philips website, very helpful, but still no joy...........

I will keep fiddling :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

I also had hours of fun and games trying to get my dvd recorder to find the output from the Freeview box. In the end, in the chapter of the manual describing recording from external devices, I discovered that you have to select the channel for the screen display. Mine has to be set for CVBS1, from a menu that also includes CVBS2, S-VIDEO01, S-VIDEO02 and one that simply says CHANNEL, which I had assumed was the correct one. I only have one Scart socket on my TV, so have the added complication of the scart feed from the TV going into a 3-way Scart switch box. It has only taken me about a year, but I think I have just about mastered it now.

Just set your recorder to record from CVBS1 (or CVBS2, depending on which Scart socket you're using) and everything should be fine - in theory.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Only took you a year Peter? Oh well there is hope for xmas 2007 :)

I will let you know how I progress.

Den

Bought a digibox, connected it as per instructions, switched on and setup, tried to record any of the freeview channels but can only get terrestial ones on recorder.

Does anyone on here manage to record freeview? I can't even get it to work via my new HD ready all singing and dancing TV

Doing my head in........................

Den

Similar problem here, we got a digital TV, twin tuner, and could we get it to record freview onto the DVD recorder? Of course not, so our solution was to get a £35 Logik digibox from Currys. It has a channel display, we hooked it up to the recorder, away we go no probs, and the bonus we can watch one freeview channel, and record another.

Its getting worse.. I checked on the Philips web help, and the connection setup is different to the instruction manual (and that has two different setups) Gone back to basic setup and reset digibox to factory settings and reinstalled. OK until I turn on the blasted recorder............................

Going in the "other room" to watch Taggart now...........

Den