Problems

Clouser

Hi GB,

It's in my sig :D

Sorry if I sounded a bit abrupt above, but I've been living with this for too long now. The past few weeks, I've been calling the ISP every time I'm aware that the site is down, which means the early hours of the morning a lot of the time. A couple of people have called me to let me know of problems when I'm not online - otherwise, I simply don't know. One night, it was off all evening whilst I caught up with some family stuff, blissfully unaware. I logged on just beofore going to bed, only to find it broken again and spent the next few hours trying to sort it again.

It's been an absolute nightmare.

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you tell the ungratefull plastic log users Elton :angry:

they are lucky to have their own little clique section!!! i never got a fat bearded moany git who doesent get out much and collects intrepid reels section when i asked :marinheiro:

How rude!

Perhaps you should create a 'donations section' and those who want to contribute to the websites costs can

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Honestly, if you all stick with me for a bit and bounce back when I get this sorted, that's all the payment I need :D

I have a few smaller sites on this server and am now moving some to a new server to ease the load.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Well done for posting this is totally the wrong forum, where nobody apart from kayakers will see it...

If you look in non-fishing chat (where I'm about to move this thread to), you'll see that we've made various posts about ongoing problems. I still don't know what the problem is and am fuming that I've paid all this money and am still not getting any answers.

For the record, this is not a shared server AND I've just committed to another £1500 that I don't have to try to resolve the problem.

dont wory elton we have faith in you and si. just get rid of chesters1 and all will be good. darn 56k taking so long to get around to serving him the files that we hi tech people have to wait for him to be done

sorry chesters hehehe

i wouldnt be standing for that crap m8, for that kind of money they should be doing all the tracking not you and si. i asume the only reason you stick with them is because of other websites you have. i feel for ya m8 i know how stresful it can be.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Hi Elton,

It seems I've caused a bit of bother !

I only wanted to find out if i was alone in having troubles occasionally , in case i had computer problems that needed sorting.

The reason it appeared in the Kayak section is because thats the only section i visit , and i merely asked my fellow yakers if they were experiencing the same.

Sorry if it's ended up giving you grief.

Dave ;)

LOL Trust me, Dave - on the grand scheme of things, it's the least of my 'griefs' right now :D

All the best,

Elton

Andy1984 - just heard back from the ISP and have a graph of server usage. The sites are choking it with their usage :(

Yes, on some evenings recently I've found the site to be down and I miss the site, but hey it happens on most forums at some time or another. Just bite the bullet guys - we don't always need everything 'right now'.

Besides, we are guests in 'Elton's Place' (plaice?) so there's no reason to moan about anything because it's through his grace that we can come here at all. All power to the elbows of forum providers, well done to you, Elton, for what you provide us with. Thank you.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

LOL Trust me, Dave - on the grand scheme of things, it's the least of my 'griefs' right now :D

All the best,

Elton

Andy1984 - just heard back from the ISP and have a graph of server usage. The sites are choking it with their usage :(

What's it like to be so popular Elton? A victim of your success? Or is it because you let any old riff raff on? ;)

Speaking of which, don't let chesters upset any of you. he used to be chairman of our Victor Meldrew society, but we had to kick him out for being too grumpy. :D

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

For the anal ^^^^ err, techy among you, here's the yearly load graph:

angling-yearly-load-graph.jpg

As you'll see, the server usage has grown and grown over the past year.

I think that really weird peak is when we got hacked LOL

i new chesters was to blame hes causing a bottle neck effect :wheelchair:

as for the graph thats what i thought that peak would have been, musta tried dos'ing or somthing similar. as i see it theres no way in hell that a forum hack would cause that much usage perhaps the hack didnt come from the forum and somthing else on the server.

what happened in the middle of january, thought probably time of year but id expect to see it at the start not half way through.

i wouldnt wory too much about the site being down, you can count on us long term users to keep checking back to see how its going. we wont abandon you :thumbs:

all this picking on chester, i feel a bit shamefull now

NOT!

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk