broadband help needed

chesters1

Bottom line BT control the speed and quality of connection, why sign up with the oily rag when you can have the main man who has no one else to blame.

They have some good deals you just have to pull their string a bit to get them.

What would BT be offering if it wasn't for the oily rags taking a significant number of their customers over the last few years?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup Chesters get BT to sort out the line problems and once it's all ok jump ship to a cheaper provider!

I should'nt knock BT I do loads of work for them! but why should they charge £5 more PCM and cap it as well.

And methinks Tiscali could end up in a pickle when they release their £19.99 all in offer, but I'm in!

ok so far ,it seems faster ,now for some tests

Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:50:24 GMT

1st 128K took 1271 ms = 103125 Bytes/sec = approx 858 kbits/sec

2nd 128K took 1282 ms = 102240 Bytes/sec = approx 851 kbits/sec

3rd 128K took 1292 ms = 101449 Bytes/sec = approx 844 kbits/sec

4th 128K took 1252 ms = 104690 Bytes/sec = approx 871 kbits/sec

not exactly broadband but certainly faster

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Ferret1959

Ah but with BB you can chat on the phone and use the net at the same time.

Even if you ain't speeding along with BB you can at least talk to someone about it. :D :D

hmmmm ,a little confused here .

i can use netscape without "logging in" to btopenworld dooda browser

do i have to sign on or can i just browse with nescape?

i.e am i paying for something if i dont?

the strange thing is when downloading an update it was slower than dialup ,i cant see how to post pictures all i have is the wirry thing with initializing attachments dooda ,and still no emicons

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hi all

thats having new fangled doodas for ya:):)

you can still have my spare 56k its lightning fast honest:)hehe

get rid of that nortons rubbish and it will speed up:)

sg

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

my download speed is only 39k a sec somethings strange here <_<

but is that 39 kilobits or 39 kilobytes?

If kilobits it is very poor, if kilobytes the it works out as abour 312 kbits, which given your line conditions is probably not too bad.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

calamity ,severe blue screen of death ,gave up trying to get into safe mode (cpu at 100%) so couldnt use restore,the windows disk couldnt fix it so it was a format of C:

thank christus i have broadband just updating windows would have taken days ,ho hum

cant remember though how to inport cookies into netscape though :rolleyes:

cant import saved mail either even in the dreaded outlook ,can read individual outlook ones but cant import the whole folder.

Edited by chesters1