Glue

Severn Wolf

Whats a good glue to stick things to lead with?

I`m messing round with some camo for the upcoming campaign on a stinking hard water. The glue needs to be strong but also have a bit of `give` (maybe pva based?) to allow for knocks and bangs. Stuff like Superglue and Araldite are just too brittle.

I`ll need quite a bit of the stuff, got a fair few to do so am looking for a pot of glue rather than a tube.

Any suggestions?

wolf.gif

what about camo paint?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm not sure you need the 3-D effect of attaching bits to your lead. Basically, anything that would break up the outline and not clash should do it.

Chesters1 was probably making a joke since good camo paint is way too expensive for this sort of thing but how about using pieces of camo tape? It is cheap enough and easy to carry so you could take along the roll and if a lead started to shed it's tape, you could reapply.

http://www.duct-tape.com/camouflage_ducttape.html has the sort of thing you need but there are almost certainly UK sources as well.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I definitely need glue. I`ve been plastic coating leads for a while and dip the leads into the ground up powder from the lakebed while the plastic powder is still hot. This works well but it seems a long way round doing things and also a waste of powder as its only going to get covered up.

A decent glue would save a lot of time and hassle.

Just thinking, are there any glues made for the Marine industry that might work?

wolf.gif

I definitely need glue. I`ve been plastic coating leads for a while and dip the leads into the ground up powder from the lakebed while the plastic powder is still hot. This works well but it seems a long way round doing things and also a waste of powder as its only going to get covered up.

A decent glue would save a lot of time and hassle.

Just thinking, are there any glues made for the Marine industry that might work?

Have you thought about using silicon sealant. Very sticky when wet and flexible when dry.

i would go with silicone, but im not sure about the odour

After it has completely cured (few days) there should not be any.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

what about pva glue ,let it get thick after leaving the tin opened for a while then dip the lead in it and roll it in the stuff ,it dries pretty clear.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson