Portland Report 14.1.07

paintfly

Richi you seen r#~@/*s on the way to a trip afloat, there in lies the answer to all your problems encountered on that day. Damned things.

AND HE MENTIONED THEM - steer clear I say GB, there's nothing but trouble there. As bad as mentioning the long tailed felows on the Isle of Man :mellow::unsure:

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Some great reports and pics as usual boys :thumbs:

That sea looks nice and clear considering all the wind and rain we'd had. It looked more like strong coffee off New Quay last Saturday and it's not looking much good for this weekend either. I pinched this pic of the bay taken yesterday and it don't look too clever for tomorrow. :(

newquay3.jpg

Who's out this week?

Stu.

ME :clap2:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Bala or Langorse Nifty? I am down to Margate tomorrow - bike there . Then back again. Might be fit for a paddle on the lake on Sunday.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Not sure yet. Going to check the van tomorrow after all this wind and have a look at how much freshwater is coming down the rivers along the way. Had an idea of going upto the Broadwater at Tywyn maybe. Never tried it in winter but very sheltered and a chance of some Flounders possibly.

Thanks Stu.

Will try to get out next week for cod if there is a weather window - won't be fishing this weekend but am going bait collecting with the little one Sunday early am.

Richi hope to pop down at 7am on Sunday - are you launching from Lake Pier near Rockley?

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Thanks Stu.

Will try to get out next week for cod if there is a weather window - won't be fishing this weekend but am going bait collecting with the little one Sunday early am.

Richi hope to pop down at 7am on Sunday - are you launching from Lake Pier near Rockley?

Had a slight change of plans SpeciMan,going to fish Magazine Lane on Sunday with Overrun,Kayakkarma and Chezz, launching at 9am---you're more than welcome to join us :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph