WOLF

clem

Another year , another week , another day and yet another "severe weather warning".

Am I alone in thinking that the BBC are been far to ready to hand out these warnings there nearly every day. Dont know what its been like darn south but weve had no SEVERE WEATHER up here in fact its been lovely our hanging baskets still in bloom and the rhubards coming on a treat.

Serious though the more these warnings are handed out then the less notice we will take of them and in sports like ours this could be a dangerous thing.

Another year , another week , another day and yet another "severe weather warning".

Am I alone in thinking that the BBC are been far to ready to hand out these warnings there nearly every day. Dont know what its been like darn south but weve had no SEVERE WEATHER up here in fact its been lovely our hanging baskets still in bloom and the rhubards coming on a treat.

Serious though the more these warnings are handed out then the less notice we will take of them and in sports like ours this could be a dangerous thing.

Darn south, wind, wind, wind, including the bbc, every time i book a trip up it comes again.

:schmoll:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The BBC don't issue the warnings, the Met Office do. Why? To prepare people for possible bad weather. No guarantees, but you may get extreme weather of what ever sort is warned about.

Believe it or not some of us have had a very windy spell, most of the last 6 weeks has been very windy with gales to severe gales on at least 11 out of the last 42 days (and storm force for a brief spell too!)

Weather warnings are given for specific locations at specific times, so either listen to the forecast properly or not at all :)

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

The weather warnings I have spoke about have been for the north of England of which I am part.

Yes it has been a tad breezy and next doors wheely-bin blew over once but what I am saying is these warnings are been handed out too liberally the BBC today are even reporting that a car had to swerve to avoid a branch on the road -so what?

Ive been stuck in snow drifts on the wolds a few times travelling to work and it never even made the local papers.

So is it safe to go fishing or should I heed the warnings and stay indoors.

Believe me when some REALLY bad stuff comes will people take notice?

This is an update to the earlier issued Severe Weather Warning.

Conditions over the coming 12 to 24 hours now warrant a Flash Weather Warning. England, Wales and Ireland will experience periods of heavy rain into Wednesday night and during Thursday before any persistent rain clears to the Southeast as the day progresses.

The primary cause for concern over the above mentioned areas will be the wind strength. Strong to gale force winds will develop across all parts, with severe gales also expected over Western and Northern parts of England and Wales. There is potential over exposed coasts and hills for storm force wind gusts. Inland gusts may well reach 60mph, this bringing the risk of structural damage and hazardous travelling conditions. Over coasts and hills gusts in excess of 70 to 80mph are possible.

While winds will be much lighter across Scotland, snow is expected to be a problem here overnight on Wednesday and into Thursday morning. A period of snow even to relatively low levels is expected to develop during the early hours of Thursday morning bringing some hazardous travelling conditions on Thursday morning. Places above 300m will see some significant accumulations, but a temporary covering is also possible to lower levels for a time.

Guest challenge

You should be at sea today, there’s winds gusting to a severe gale, I can see that by just looking out my front door at the sea. If the same strength wind was blowing from the sea you would be painting a completely different picture of what you thought the weather was doing.

I was at sea one day last week when they where giving 10 knot winds. It was 25 to 30 knots plus for most of the day.

They do say that the weather always looks better when you look at it through a window.

Had an email of a friend this morning who is working on an oil rig in the central North Sea. He said that they have had some of the worst winds that he has seen in years over the last few weeks.

Regards.

We currently have winds gusting between 69 and 72 mph, which is severe enough for me. :(

I should mention that I have a friend who works at Lydd Army Ranges and these wins speeds were recorded there at 12 noon.

Edited by Cranfield

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Channel light vessel - steady 46knots+ (F9) gusting over 67knots (F11) for the past 6 hours with significant wave heights of 18feet. Sig wave height is the average height (trough to crest) of the one-third highest waves valid for the indicated 12 hour period. Sig wave height of 3ft is too much for me in my 21footer, and apparently I go out when it's damn rough! :crazy:

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com