matchfishing

Tel

Measure and release can only be used in pegged matches - 'rover' type matches are weight.

I gave up match fishing years ago due to the amount of wrasse and lsds left in carrier bags that were unceremoniously dumped in full view of the public after the weigh-ins. :mad:

where was that sw scotland where i think theres a 3 lsd limit in matches now.

in my area flounders are the main summer catch and when i started fishing matches about six years back they were all weight matches,but now we have limits on numbers.nearly all are cmr and i would make all flounder matches the same,but you still get the grumbles of we dont like pegged matches .

but when i ask them if they really want to go back to the days of mass fish kills im still not sure if they wouldnt.

but what we are seeing is the flounder fishing getting better.

also i would much rather leave the beach with the satisfaction that all fish are returned.

but you cant please everyone.

i have the same problems here in my local club comps, how do you change match fishing attitudes? it is very difficult to have catch and release with roving matches of which all but one of 25 a year are" at my club, i tryed to propose changes to this but my proposals were thrown out at this years AGM, [some of those against it have fished for england in world champioships] so i was a little dissapointed with their response, but i tryed, anyway there does seem to be a macho man element to it ie, hunter gatherer, look at this big bucket of 27cm whiting ive caught who's the man attidude, and im afraid and they wont admit to it,it is the biggest problem of all with match anglers and their attitude, i personally could do without it, the way they treat fish is no better than the commercials.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

fair enough thats your opinion but what is the point of going pleasure fishing to catch twenty flounders.is there any satisfaction in doing that.or when the fishings poor .theres no reason to go .do you take part in any thing competitive.whats the point in doing anything if thats the way you think. come to think of it whats the point in this discussion?.

Local crab and lobster potters will usually take anything for bait. Perhaps some anglers would begrudge giving their catch away, not being allowed to sell it, and would rather dump it!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net