Chopped worm

terry t shirt

How do you fish it?

Is it a case of chopping them up and tipping them in or do you mix them with summat? Also i'm guessing you wouldnt feed how you would with say maggots? Thinking of trying them on the canal but apart from in a feeder for bream i havnt used the choppy much and when i have the results have been limited. Any advice to improve my results.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

How do you fish it?

Is it a case of chopping them up and tipping them in or do you mix them with summat? Also i'm guessing you wouldnt feed how you would with say maggots? Thinking of trying them on the canal but apart from in a feeder for bream i havnt used the choppy much and when i have the results have been limited. Any advice to improve my results.

best thing to to is chop them up and feed them with casters(just mix them together in tub). works very well on canals especially for large perch and tench. sometimes i may put in a bit of black groundabait in the mix but only a bit i usually put a pole cup or 2 in. makes a good dark cloud to encourage fish in swim and best in winter for me as canal seems to turn gin clear in winter.

84854438.png

I use them when perch fishing, I have a pair of sissors just for chopping worms, I find it easier, just mix with a few maggots and use the same as I do maggots/groundbait.

I get mine from my compost bin so they don't cost anything :thumbs:

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

One of my favourite methods of using chopped worm is through a very small cagefeeder in winter. I use a very light tip rod that suits stillwaters and canals. I mix chopped worm with caster and hemp in one bait tub. I chop the worm with casters so as to chop the casters aswell and add hemp. I then have another tub with groundbait to plug the feeder with.

I fish with a variety of baits on hook from pinkie to maggot caster or more likely worm and caster cocktail. You do not have to always have worm on the hook as you are using its scent as pulling power and a feeding trigger. I catch lots of carp with this method, generally when I am after bream and roach.

If you have a stillwater full of tiny perch thats when I tend to either not use choppy, if they become a pain, or use corn as hookbait if weather is warm enough.

john

Good question

First ask your self a few more questions - what species and size of species are you targeting?

Are you using fine chopped worm as an attractant, or with small bits to feed small fish, or big bits for bigger fish?

What is peg depth or flow like?

You can add caster, corn Pinkie, squatt or maggot or dead maggot to HOLD fish or feed them, choice of bait and amount depends on species etc

You can fish worm with dark groudbait if the water is clear or you are after bream / skimmers.

One good trick for small winter perch is to feed the biggest worm you can find WHOLE with a few holes pricked into it - the worm is to big to eat but attracts small perch.

One thing I will point out - cupping in chopped worm with choice of holding bait is fine in depths of around four feet and less is ok.

ANY depth deeper than this - use a bait dropper unless fishing up in the water.

If you dont the bits of worm and feed will reach the bottom spread all over the place but all the juices and scent will be lost in the upper layers and may even draw fish up in the water.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I would also say only chop your worms as you need them, don't chop them and leave them in a bait box until you feed them.

Leave your worms whole until it's time to feed then chop them, also chop some casters too along with a few whole ones.