new camera needed

Anthony78

High chaps,

I need a new camera as my old one has given up the gost. I think

I would like to upgrade to an slr type camera as I have heard that they give you alot more adjustment. I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations. I have £250 maximum and am looking for something that has at least 7 megapixals and one that has an adjustable shutter speed and good battery life.

I don't know alot about photography but the one thing that annoyed me the most about my old camera was that when you tried to take a picture there would be a pause of about 1 second between pushing the button and the shot being taken(not good for capturing nature in action). do all digital cameras do this??

Thanks

Anthony

Edited by Anthony78

Effort equals reward!!

Just had a look on the Jessops website (here), couldn't find any DSLR's in your price range :(

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

You wont get a DSLR for £250 as yet however dont despair there are a couple of excellent options you might want to consider the first of these is the fuji finepix S6500fd theis is a bridge camera with a fixed zoom lens equivalent of 28 to 300 mm in 35mm the resolution is 6million pixels and the results can be superb you may have to learn about the camera first.

A top compact camera is the Ricoh Capilo R4 I have one of these to back up my DSLRs it has a 28 to 200mm equivalent lens and 6 million pixels and the macro goes down to an incredible 1cm!

the fuji can be found for around £200 and the Ricoh for £154 a trawl through the net sites will turn up the relevant suppliers

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

i think this is just the one for you m8, http://www.pcworld.co.uk/product.php?sku=508210

i was going to get it but then i had to divert the £250 toward my car :(

theres a link you can use to get to pc world and if you buy the camera from the special pc world link it will help elton somehow but i lost the link :(

Just had a look on the Jessops website (here), couldn't find any DSLR's in your price range :(

i dont think any camera there is within anyones price range :P i hate jessops

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

i think this is just the one for you m8, http://www.pcworld.co.uk/product.php?sku=508210

i was going to get it but then i had to divert the £250 toward my car :(

theres a link you can use to get to pc world and if you buy the camera from the special pc world link it will help elton somehow but i lost the link :(

i dont think any camera there is within anyones price range :P i hate jessops

Look at this one very carfully 'Anthony' Andys right, it has all you will want for full control of your pics, you will learn a lot. In adition it has a 28mm-300mm lens, very usefull range, especialy the 28mm wide angle.

Full review here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms9000/

Just re read the review, Mmmm, read it carfully mate, especialy the 'conclusions', I have resevations now ?????? <_<

There are others, :rolleyes:

Nice one, CJS2

Edited by CJS2

I got a DSLR for £250, and I bet a lot of people do the same every day on ebay... :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Anthony, an SLR may not be the best choice for you. If you take lots of action shots it could well be. The same goes if you want to build up a system with lots of accessories such as extra lenses. Likewise, if you're a real photo enthusiast like several on this Forum.

However if you just want to take fishing, holiday and family photos you'd probably be better off with a compact digital. These days many offer full manual control as well as point and shoot. The difference in picture quality between a good compact and an SLR is much smaller than you'd think. Indeed, except with big enlargements, few but real enthusiasts would notice it anyway.

As the name implies compacts are smaller and lighter than SLRs. I've found from experience that I took a bulky, heavy camera with me less and less, and so it rather defeated the object!

Compacts are less expensive too.

And for many trophy fishing shots I'd much rather have a compact than a SLR anyway!

For the reason why take a look at what I've just posted on this topic: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...t=0#entry726580

It's worth adding that with all the cameras I mentioned you can buy accessory lenses (although less of a range and probably slightly lower quality than with an SLR as they're convertors rather than stand alone lenses). You can also add filters and a number of other extras.

SLRs are certainly more versatile than compacts. For this and other reasons many enthusiasts would have nothing else. But many of the winning photos in the AN competitions were taken on compacts. In other words the photograher is more important than the camera.

Which is why my photos don't get entered into the comps!

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions gents. I have been looking at the finepix s7000 as reccomended by seph and have to say it looks very promising. I can get one on ebay for arout £100 or around £200 with extras. does anybody else have any experience of this camera?

There's a review here for those that hasn't seen them before. I would appreciate your views on thias one. The only down side I can find to this camera is that the battery life isn't brilliant but other than that it looks perfect.

Thanks again.

Anthony

Effort equals reward!!