rock cakes

Zigs

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

want to cook them for the ziglets tommorow.

got flour & sultanas & baking soda.

so hit me with your best mixes kids :)

Bless.

Ask Chesters and Leon, they are both into rocks at the moment.

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

My mother used to make rock cakes, didn't matter what recipe she used, they were always rock cakes.

You're going to need some fat as well, (butter probably) and some sugar, I'd just google it Ziggy.

My mother used to make rock cakes, didn't matter what recipe she used, they were always rock cakes.

You're going to need some fat as well, (butter probably) and some sugar, I'd just google it Ziggy.

[/quote

far too easy ayjay, i just thought you guys would have better ideas :headhurt:

http://duramecho.com/Food/RockCakes.html

Here you go Ziggy ...

========================

8oz Self Raising Flour

4oz Butter

3oz Castor Sugar

4oz Mixed Dried Fruit

1 Egg

2 Desert Spoons Milk

=================

Rub butter finely into flour

Add Sugar & Fruit

Mix to stiff mix with egg and milk

========================

Place in small mounds on buttered baking tray

Centre of hot oven ... 400F/6 Gas

15-20 minutes

Cool on wire tray

=================

Feed to kids

Run

===========

Wiggly. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

wheres nurse judy when u need her :headhurt:;)

If 'chunky, hard fruity buns' makes you think of Judith, I don't know if she will be flattered, upset, or just confused. Truly I don't. Do you have adequate life insurance coverage?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

it just made me laugh reading Newt's post!!!!!!

just checked my recipes and its almost the same as Mr Wiggly's except for

1/4 tsp of salt

1/4 tsp of mixed spice which gives them the Nice slightly spicy flavour

lovely to hear of someone cooking with their children excellent!!!!

have loads of well tested recipes if you want anymore.... got a lovely one for Scrummy Cornish Ginger Fairling Biscuits a doddle to make!!!!!

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Here 's my recipe - a bit of a variation

100g (4oz) butter or margarine

225g. (8oz) plain flour

10ml (2 level tsps) baking powder

½ level tsp mixed spice

pinch of salt

grated rind of ½ lemon

100g (4 oz demerara sugar)

100 g (4 oz mixed dried fruit)

1 beaten egg

About 5ml (l tsp milk)

Grease baking sheets.

Rub the fat into flour, baking powder, salt and spices until like fine breadcrumbs.

Stir in the lemon rind sugar and fruit.

Pour the egg into a well in the centre of the mixture, and mix to a crumbly consistency using a little milk if necessary.

Bind together using a fork.

Shape together rough heaps of the mixture on a baking tray.

Bake at 200 deg C or 400 deg F (Mark 6) for about 15-20 mins.

Variation

Replace the dried fruit with100 g (4 oz) chopped dates and 1 tbps of crystallized ginger.)

Why not also try the following. My infant classes used to love making these and if you use the microwave it's very safe too.

Chocolate Crackles

Melt a bar of cooking chocolate in a bowl over hot water, or break into pieces and put in the microwave and melt using medium setting, stirring well.

Add cornflakes or rice crispies to the melted chocolate until you have a stiff mixture and all the cereal is coated with chocolate

Spoon into cake cases and put in the fridge to set.

Variation - add some raisin to the mixture as welll.

Shrewsbury Biscuits

125g (4oz) butter or margarine

150g (5oz) caster sugar

1 egg yolk

225g (8oz) plain flour

grated rind of 1 lemon

Grease a large baking sheet.

Cream the fat and sugar until light and fluffy.

Add the egg yolk and beat well

Stir in the flour and lemon and mix to a fairly stiff dough.

Knead lightly and roll out on a floured surface.

Cut out with fancy cutters - round, stars or animal shapes etc.

Bake at 180 deg C (350 deg F or mark 4) for about 15 minutes until firm and very light brown.

Makes about 24.

If using a round or star cutter you can sandwich two together with some vanilla butter cream

Variations.

Instead of lemon rind add

1 level tsp mixed spice or

A few drops of vanilla essence or

50 g (2oz) mixed fruit

[ Bread]

Why not buy one of the ready made bread mixes from Tesco etc - Sunflower, Ciabatta etc and make these up with the kids.

Kids are great at kneading the dough and get great results - unlike pastry a disaster with them. Comes out like grey concrete!! :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Have fun!!!

Edited by Peggy Burke

Classic Fishing Books www.classicfishingbooks.co.uk 100s of fishing books for sale/wanted + reviews

Wingham Fisheries www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm Gravel pit syndicates in Kent. 2008 Forum Fish-In Sat May 17 to Mon May 19. For what happened in 2007 see http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=75031

Paperweights Plus www.paperweightsplus.com Off the shelf and customised paperweights