Rsa versus Commercial

stavey

I wish Scottish RSA could be sat round a table planning a strategy for Scotland Only my opinion but the whingers and moaners south of the border don't realise what an opportunity the Defra RSA strategy is.

Hi Ian, My fishing experiances south of the border gets better year on year, not because there's more fish about etc, but because of the personal effort i put into my hobby. I have nothing really to complain about except i will concede in the winter the run of cod down the channel isn't what it was. However, i don't really want any input from defra or the local sfc or whatever as i cannot see any benifit to me as a rsa. I don't need all the hassel that all the do gooders are going to do for me and possibly the extra cost that they will need to police my hobby with licences extra officers, new uniforms, caps, badges etc to see that we comply with their wishes, their pensions etc.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only my opinion but the whingers and moaners south of the border don't realise what an opportunity the Defra RSA strategy is.

Hi ian

I suppose i qualify as one of the whingers as you put it dahn south, and you are so wrong to think some of us dont realise what opportunity's this strategy may bring to the rsa in england, on the contrary it is why there is!! some whinging and moaning, my beliefs at the time of the bass mls fiasco was that it made more sense to go for a larger mls than 45cm ie, 55cm knowing it would get watered down in negotiation and i still think today you would have got a little bit better outcome if that had been the case, i put that down to B.A.S.S. failings not mine as i was not involved with that organisation and had no input in anything to do with formulating its bmp.

Down south we are a little ahead of you guys in macland as regards rsa and the government but given time ian, and you have a few bums on seats and a few proposals and a strategy of your own, dont worry i gaurantee the whingers and moaners will soon come out of the woodwork mate, try not to look on it as a bad thing though if you can? cheers.......

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Hi leon

Lets hope this sfc transformation means more rsa reps bums on seats on these committees? helping to re-address the massive imbalances that we currently have heavily in favour of the commercials.

Do you think this is likely leon??????

From today's Times

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1496848.ece

Many of his proposals will be controversial, especially a plan to give sea anglers a stronger role on the sea fisheries committees that manage local fisheries.

These have been dominated by commercial fishermen but Bradshaw has decided to change this in recognition of the fact that leisure angling has become a more important source of revenue for many coastal communities.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Does this mean all commercial fishing including the eu fleet? Leon, why did you feel that this was the appropriate thread to post this attachment on?

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Does this mean all commercial fishing including the eu fleet?

The establishment of Marine Protected Areas has been signed up to by the UK both in International and EU undertakings which the UK is committed to.

So, other EU nations should be going down the same road.

Whether any fishing, or fishing of any significance, will be banned remains to be seen.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Well I have to say given the report in the Times, and this one from the Scottish Parliament calling for a simplification of Scottsish fisheries legislation and harmonisation with the rest of the UK marine rules, there may well be a very small glimmer of light somewhere beyond the end of the tunnel. If we're not careful the seas may be given a chance to make a slight recovery!

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

The establishment of Marine Protected Areas has been signed up to by the UK both in International and EU undertakings which the UK is committed to.

So, other EU nations should be going down the same road.

Whether any fishing, or fishing of any significance, will be banned remains to be seen.

Unless i have read the attachment wrong it clearly states fishing will be banned. If it is purly for the uk fleet then it will be grossly unfair to say the least, so if the press post something like this then i would imagine that it needs to be detailed and not open ended where it would be open for miss-interpretation, this sounds like the death-nell for the fishing industry as we know it or is this just headline grabbing?

Unless i have read the attachment wrong it clearly states fishing will be banned. If it is purly for the uk fleet then it will be grossly unfair to say the least, so if the press post something like this then i would imagine that it needs to be detailed and not open ended where it would be open for miss-interpretation, this sounds like the death-nell for the fishing industry as we know it or is this just headline grabbing?

Barry I had this from one of the environmental organisations.

I'm afraid this response seems to have been generated by media speculation / creativity and not anything particularly new.

At least for the time being the offshore SACs will operate in the same way as the current inshore ones - which rarely place any restrictions on fishing activity.

Seems to be at least partly based on the old adage "never let the truth get in the way of a good story".

But it does seem to have got them going down in the South West

Fishermen's Fury at Conservation Plans

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/displa...tentPK=16856089

RNLI Shoreline Member

Barry I had this from one of the environmental organisations.

But it does seem to have got them going down in the South West

Fishermen's Fury at Conservation Plans

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/displa...tentPK=16856089

So that was an educated guess on my part. Either way this will immeadiatly stirr up a lot of discontent that it totally un-nessersary. I recon if any of this is true, the goverment will have to put its hand in our pockets as usual to pay for a lot of buyouts. Someone is playing on peoples liveliyhood's by announcing this.

Edited by barry luxton

So that was an educated guess on my part. Either way this will immeadiatly stirr up a lot of discontent that it totally un-nessersary. I recon if any of this is true, the goverment will have to put its hand in our pockets as usual to pay for a lot of buyouts. Someone is playing on peoples liveliyhood's by announcing this.

Hello Barry

How come they can tell lies and get recognition for it?

A study by the Marine Conservation Society warned that industrial fishing had turned swathes of the seabed around Britain into a lifeless desert.

I tell nothing but the truth and get slated for it.

I wonder if France and Spain are planning any protected areas.

I fish to live and live to fish.