Rsa versus Commercial

stavey

I wonder if France and Spain are planning any protected areas.

http://www.iucn.org/places/medoffice/docum...s/mpa_spain.pdf

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&i...earch&meta=

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&i...earch&meta=

They seem to be ahead of us!

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have to say given the report in the Times, and this one from the Scottish Parliament calling for a simplification of Scottsish fisheries legislation and harmonisation with the rest of the UK marine rules, there may well be a very small glimmer of light somewhere beyond the end of the tunnel. If we're not careful the seas may be given a chance to make a slight recovery!

Hi Nick

You may not realise it but this report is the first time that the exec have published that sea angling is vital to the Scottish economy

Its taken three years to get there but defiantly a huge step forward.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

That last one is to do with snakes, cat, lizards etc i think, it does mention amphibians though...

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hello Barry

How come they can tell lies and get recognition for it?

A study by the Marine Conservation Society warned that industrial fishing had turned swathes of the seabed around Britain into a lifeless desert.

I tell nothing but the truth and get slated for it.

I wonder if France and Spain are planning any protected areas.

Hi Wurzel, it appears to be a bad night for commercial, still it's early days yet for rsa. Off topic, i liked your reply to one of Kens posts on another thread Wurzel when you discussed your take on the bass issue, thanks for that.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

So that was an educated guess on my part. Either way this will immeadiatly stirr up a lot of discontent that it totally un-nessersary. I recon if any of this is true, the goverment will have to put its hand in our pockets as usual to pay for a lot of buyouts. Someone is playing on peoples liveliyhood's by announcing this.

Under the new SAC powers there could be a ban on commercial fishing, and "extractive activities" such as oil and gas wells.

But Defra officials say there will also be shades of grey, with some areas getting a lighter touch level of controls, to allow activities to continue providing they were not harming what was being protected.

"We want to protect habitats, but we also want a sustainable fishing industry - so it is about striking a balance," said a spokesman.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/story....3A48%3A10%3A657

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

quickly as i'm off to work, where's Henry this might blow a hole in his petition.

Hi all

Getting back to the general idea of me posting this thread, which was to try once again to find a bit of common ground between rsa and commercials i have to finally admit that there is none to be found that can ever be agreed upon, very sad realy but after reading about the posponement of the bass mls increase next month and who has instigated it ie, the nffo and how pig headed they are!! thats it with me as far as the commercials are concerned they can all get stuffed!! cheers, end of thread..........

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Hi all

Getting back to the general idea of me posting this thread, which was to try once again to find a bit of common ground between rsa and commercials i have to finally admit that there is none to be found that can ever be agreed upon, very sad realy but after reading about the posponement of the bass mls increase next month and who has instigated it ie, the nffo and how pig headed they are!! thats it with me as far as the commercials are concerned they can all get stuffed!! cheers, end of thread..........

Hi Stavey very strong words, but i think if you look hard enough there is some common ground. I don't believe that all commercial are of one breed. I also think both commercial and rsa have a common battle to win and that is over the men in suits who don't really have our interests at heart.

Edited by barry luxton

Hi Stavey very strong words, but i think if you look hard enough there is some common ground. I don't believe that all commercial are of one breed. I also think both commercial and rsa have a common battle to win and that is over the men in suits who don't really have our interests at heart.

It is extremely frustrating, anyone who has seen a 36cm bass will realise just how small these fish really are, however, one thing that should be learnt from this whole sorry episode is that the NFFO have taken the battle to the minister (with a good bit of help from CEFAS) and been able to make their case. They have recieved unanimous support from their membership which is growing weekly. They had an issue with the MLS increase, had the support, full time staff and funds to fight it and appear to have won the day, even those fishermen (like Wurzel) who could quite reasonably, not been affected by the increase, chose to say nowt or even support the NFFO's moves.

So the lesson is............ well I'll leave you to make your mind up. It does however, show what a united, well funded, and well versed sector can achieve, something for which the angling sector can only look longingly at, because I suspect we will never be able to attain that level, even less so now. After all, they put forward a united stance, not a disparate position and because of that they have acheived their aim.