Have you got your excuses ready?

Kennet Wanderer

How many of you have already sorted out a good excuse as to why you won't be at work on the 14th March??

I thought about telling my boss i was having a limb amputated but not sure how i'm going to explain it when i go back? Probably best to think of some other excuse..... :rolleyes:

Whatever i come up with i will not be working that day, how about you guys???????

No excuses needed - had the last 3 days booked off as hols for ages - got Barton Court booked for the 12th and hoping to get the nod to fish downstream on the 14th - haven't decided where to go on the Tuesday yet!!!! :rolleyes:

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I've got my excuse ready for 14th March - 'Sorry AN, I can't go out fishing today because it's REALLY busy at work...and the rivers are still flooded.' :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

have the same problem as Anderoo, first day back on shift and not a lot of holidays left, have my birthday of next week, hope its dry want to try the river crane again, just got in a couple of hours ago, first time on a river for about 5 years, due to getting led astray by my mate into carping , it has taken over, it was really soggy and muddy and chucking it through, finally got to use my quiver tip rod, needed fairly large weights,

even though it is a small river. a big lump of L,Meat on a size 8, caught a pb chub only a baby at 1lb 4oz,

but got to start some where. well out of pratice missed bites all over the place. but great fun forgot what I have been missing. was going to go carping as I normally have a good day on my birthday, but if its dry will be going down the river instead, only problem is its always raining on my days off.

Don't let the rain put you off, the fish don't mind.

Congrats on your PB chub, and lets hope there are many more PB's on the way. Well done for seeing beyond the bivvy.

Good luck and happy birthday..... :clap2:

Norma and I have a week's river fishing booked, by coincidence the first full day is March 14th :thumbs::thumbs:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Don't let the rain put you off, the fish don't mind.

Congrats on your PB chub, and lets hope there are many more PB's on the way. Well done for seeing beyond the bivvy.

Good luck and happy birthday..... :clap2:

had been trying to get down there for a few weeks, there was some big fish losses about 5 years ago, so wern't sure if there was going to be any fish there, was told there was a 4 lb chub caught there a Few days before, also told there are still some carp around, but I am not after them on the river.

Not all good news yesterday, broke the quiver tip not repairable,good job I had 3 universal ones that did fit, also managed to kick all my box of rig bits, floats hooks weights the lot all over the bank, cast up the tree 3 times and broke my line, prob because used to using 12lb line when carping not the 4lb line I was using on the river. Still hope it is not raining next wednesday, will have another go.

well managed to get down there again today, for about 5hrs. first cast went straight into the tree again,

managed to get it all back. then tackled up again next cast a 1lb 12oz chub another pb, then lost another one, then went to the other side of the tree, where I managed to catch a 2lb 1oz chub, had quite a few more bites, but nomore fish, but a nice birthday anyway, better than work and a whole river to myself.