Number 20 :)

poledark

Slightly off subject but why is it the done thing to prefer commons to mirrors? I personally think commons are boring to look at! Give me the variation of the Mirrors!

Not sure if it's the 'done thing'....more like personal preference.

I prefer catching fish with sharp teeth in but as far as carp go I definately prefer the sleeker common to some of the hulking great commons you see with massive bellies.

Edited by Neil G

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments :) must admit I am feeling a bit chuffed right now (and I was looking for some praise, and why not:) :) )

That Leather is a really big fish, but for some reason I always find commons weigh more size for size, somehow they are more "solid"

The leather is ONLY 6 YEARS OLD! and given a couple more years and add on a "boily belly" it is going to be one whopper......hope I am still around to catch it :)

That "thing" on my cap is a LED lamp that Jan and Newt gave me last year, and I have only just had to replace the batteries, they were getting a bit dim.

Enjoying my fishing now more than ever, no stress, get up when I wake up, maybe walk the dog, fill my flasks and wander down to the lakes. 5 or 6 minutes drive thro' some of the finest scenery in the country, and find a swim, maybe try a new idea or rig, or even dive into one that was producing the day before :)

4/5 days a week (no weekends, wife and I spend them together) Life is good :) :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Guest tigger
Thanks for the comments :) must admit I am feeling a bit chuffed right now (and I was looking for some praise, and why not:) :) )

That Leather is a really big fish, but for some reason I always find commons weigh more size for size, somehow they are more "solid"

The leather is ONLY 6 YEARS OLD! and given a couple more years and add on a "boily belly" it is going to be one whopper......hope I am still around to catch it :)

That "thing" on my cap is a LED lamp that Jan and Newt gave me last year, and I have only just had to replace the batteries, they were getting a bit dim.

Enjoying my fishing now more than ever, no stress, get up when I wake up, maybe walk the dog, fill my flasks and wander down to the lakes. 5 or 6 minutes drive thro' some of the finest scenery in the country, and find a swim, maybe try a new idea or rig, or even dive into one that was producing the day before :)

4/5 days a week (no weekends, wife and I spend them together) Life is good :) :)

Den

Great stuff :thumbs:

Wonderful fish, both of them. Congratulations. I've never landed a big carp, I've hooked into a couple when fishing for other fish, including a largish (well about a third the size of those) one on the Lee where I got it on a size 18 with a single maggot on a lovely clear day. I got it right into the side but as I went to slide the net underneath it gave a wiggle and snapped me! I was only fishing for little roach with my two children and they both saw it too. I don't know who was more disappointed, me or them!

I must admit I'd love to catch a nice Crucian on light tackle but I don't think I've got the patience for Big Carp!

Some nice fish there Poledark. I was wondering, what the thing is on the peak of your cap?

That's so he can see his way home in the dark after having a few too many ! :lol:

It's actually a cap light so he can keep his hands free to catch monster carp.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"