The future ?

Cranfield

As a boat angler for many many years i can go where i want and when, subject to the weather.

Sounds good.

At no time i have someone breathing down my neck with the rule book. I am very happy with my fishing experiences to date and they will only get better if i'm left alone.
Well that's excellent

I don't interfere with anyone during my hobby or cause damage as far as i'm aware, without any rules, regulation, i also consider myself to be responsible regarding releasing fish i don't want to eat.

Superb.

What improvement do i need?
None

What sacrifice do i suffer,

None

what would i loose if i stay out of the framework?
How exactly are you going to "stay out of the framework"? Emigrate, declare independence? I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean here.

If i stay out i still have the comfort that if i dissagree i can do something about it, called the vote, if i choose.

You can vote, sure.

I don't need managing to do the hobby of my choice.I don't need to chase paper while i'm doing my hobby.
You may not need it, but it's happening, whether you want it to or not.

Good old defra are looking after the management of the sea fisheries arn't they, thats what i'm already paying them for.

They sure are, and as part of that management they ARE introducing an RSA strategy

Or am i a dinosaur.

No, most certainly not a dinosaur.

Probably an ostrich. The strategy is happening. It is not something you opt in or out of. I don't like VAT, but I sure as hell don't see how I can opt out.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good.

Well that's excellent

Superb.

None

None

How exactly are you going to "stay out of the framework"? Emigrate, declare independence? I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean here.

You can vote, sure.

You may not need it, but it's happening, whether you want it to or not.

They sure are, and as part of that management they ARE introducing an RSA strategy

No, most certainly not a dinosaur.

Probably an ostrich. The strategy is happening. It is not something you opt in or out of. I don't like VAT, but I sure as hell don't see how I can opt out.

Nick i am very happy that you are an inactive part of scan. You would certainly need something added if you was to liase with the ordinaries. There are no doubt thousands of anglers out there with the mind set of not wishing to be part of some massive money collection concubine, yes simular to vat, as i am part of the vat collection agency i do not wish for another thanks. With regards to defra, we can only see what an excellent job they are doing to date to realise what is coming. If you are happy to be part of that then good for you. I'm a bit too street wise to be an ostrich thanks.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

It is a shame that the sensible Barry Luxton that posted all the following comments can't be bothered to post similarly intelligent comments on this site.

Most recreational anglers belong to fishing organisations to protect the plundering of fish stocks throughout the British Isles.
Wouldn't it be easier to license the charter skippers? This would mean a lot less time spent on paperwork, administration and the like, i.e.: only 50 pieces of paperwork required per season. Sounds cheap to me. The majority of all anglers and charter skippers are very responsible and eager to see their fishing lot improve.

It would be simpler to ask for and to monitor, over a period, the total catch that the charter boats are responsible for, then decide what method of restriction, if any, is required. This would not cost anything apart from the collection of data. All the boats would be more than happy to supply this information if asked and the charter boats asked not to return if this is not done.
If he is serious about fish stocks and conservation, it surely must be prudent to enter into discussions with all those concerned to leave a legacy for all to enjoy. I'm sure that there are many thousands of anglers throughout the British Isles who would love to join him and give conservation the best shot possible. They would then have no problem in discussing fish limits.

What went wrong Barry - do you just like controvery?

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

It is a shame that the sensible Barry Luxton that posted all the following comments can't be bothered to post similarly intelligent comments on this site.

What went wrong Barry - do you just like controvery?

Nothing wrong with my intelligence Nick, i read what others state and i have to comment on it. I also don't have a problem with what i have posted this evening thanks. Thanks for the compliment in your first line, rest is s....... though.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

but Barry, I am still waiting to hear how you are going to be able to stay out of whatever is imposed by the RSA strategy. Who knows I may wish to stay out of it too.

And I know the North East lads want to.

So how about letting us all into the secret of how to stay out of the legislation that will eventually be used to implement whatever is decided needs to be done to further the RSA strategy?

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

but Barry, I am still waiting to hear how you are going to be able to stay out of whatever is imposed by the RSA strategy. Who knows I may wish to stay out of it too.

And I know the North East lads want to.

So how about letting us all into the secret of how to stay out of the legislation that will eventually be used to implement whatever is decided needs to be done to further the RSA strategy?

Get it right Nick, refer back to post 29 second para, i asked the question. Waiting for you to reply.

As a boat angler for many many years i can go where i want and when, subject to the weather. At no time i have someone breathing down my neck with the rule book. I am very happy with my fishing experiences to date and they will only get better if i'm left alone. I don't interfere with anyone during my hobby or cause damage as far as i'm aware, without any rules, regulation, i also consider myself to be responsible regarding releasing fish i don't want to eat.

What improvement do i need? What sacrifice do i suffer, what would i loose if i stay out of the framework? If i stay out i still have the comfort that if i dissagree i can do something about it, called the vote, if i choose. I don't need managing to do the hobby of my choice.I don't need to chase paper while i'm doing my hobby. Good old defra are looking after the management of the sea fisheries arn't they, thats what i'm already paying them for. Or am i a dinosaur.

and my question is how can you do that?

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

and my question is how can you do that?

Exactly the same as other thousands upon thousands of anglers, ordinaries, do nothing.What have i to loose?

OK, putting my condescending head on again.

YOU DON'T GET A CHOICE.

THERE IS NO OPT OUT.

AN RSA STRATEGY IS BEING DEVELOPED

IT WILL AFFECT YOU

YOU CAN TRY AND SHAPE IT - OR YOU CAN TOTALLY IGNORE THE PROCESS - BUT IT WILL STILL HAPPEN

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

OK, putting my condescending head on again.

YOU DON'T GET A CHOICE.

THERE IS NO OPT OUT.

AN RSA STRATEGY IS BEING DEVELOPED

IT WILL AFFECT YOU

YOU CAN TRY AND SHAPE IT - OR YOU CAN TOTALLY IGNORE THE PROCESS - BUT IT WILL STILL HAPPEN

No need to shout Nick. The above sounds just like a dictatorship. Being selfish but i'm not , the only thing that would affect me would be licences and bag limits, i suppose. Who voted them in? Id'e rather have maggie back.

I must apologize to Cranfield your post started out as interesting but i was party to degenerating it.

Edited by barry luxton