Know where to launch?

Guest CJS2

I'll try again, looking elsewhere on the www and came across this;

http://www.boatlaunch.co.uk/

Now, not being a greedy type of guy, it seemed reasonable that the 'Dinghy Gypsies' among you might like this information??? Considering the times one has seen the 'where can I launch my boat' post? ;)

:ph34r:

the one at stokes bay was unusable last time i saw it ,the hardway in pompey harbour is ok but has bogey wheel grabbing holes between the blocks and gets a tad slippy.strangly the one next to the ferry terminal isnt show but even stranger some are marked well inland :o

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chester,

As I'm not a dinghy owner, I dont know the whys and wherefores, of sites and where they should are or should not be? Just seems that someone has made some effort to be informative? Thought I saw an edit section on the home page???

Personally, all boats should be marina based, or trailed dinghies be restricted to say two/three? nominated slips, pay a yearly licence to use said slips and be in possession of a proficiency and safety ticket. Why, the owners will acrew local knowledge and stop winging in her asking those of us who have spent years getting the information together 'where is the best place to fish/launch'. Not practical perhaps :sneaky2: I bet 'Mr B' aint thought of it yet :g: Give it time, may be the new 'Mr B' will be . . . is a bit more resourceful? :bangin:

Safety, I watched a rib owner today, run out of petrol, in the middle of a very wide and busy comercial estuary. He had 3 youngish children on board, (7-10?) He had no VHF, no paddle, and drifted for half an hour. Luckily the drift fetched him up on a beach right beside my marina, the weather and wind direction were kind, otherwise it could have been a whole different story.

He then went round the marina, trying to cadge petrol or a lift 10 miles to the nearest garage. And its not only rib owners that doe this.

Personally, all boats should be marina based, or trailed dinghies be restricted to say two/three? nominated slips, pay a yearly licence to use said slips and be in possession of a proficiency and safety ticket. Why, the owners will acrew local knowledge and stop winging in her asking those of us who have spent years getting the information together 'where is the best place to fish/launch'. Not practical perhaps :sneaky2: I bet 'Mr B' aint thought of it yet :g: Give it time, may be the new 'Mr B' will be . . . is a bit more resourceful? :bangin:

Safety, I watched a rib owner today, run out of petrol, in the middle of a very wide and busy comercial estuary. He had 3 youngish children on board, (7-10?) He had no VHF, no paddle, and drifted for half an hour. Luckily the drift fetched him up on a beach right beside my marina, the weather and wind direction were kind, otherwise it could have been a whole different story.

He then went round the marina, trying to cadge petrol or a lift 10 miles to the nearest garage. And its not only rib owners that doe this.

Personally I think all boats should be dinghys and trailered tio the sea, marina based boat owners should be legally prevented from moaning and winging at the cost of their mooring fees and from motoring past me at 20 knts while I am quietly fishing and minding my own business, :wallbash:i :wallbash: its not like the sea aint big enough!!! :clap2:

On a more serious point perhaps there aught to be a boat licence and regular safety checks for all boats, its not just dinghys and ribs that get caught out. Ive got my RYA cert, have self inflating jackets flares and alternative power source but always take the lady seriously.

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Personally I think all boats should be dinghys and trailered tio the sea, marina based boat owners should be legally prevented from moaning and winging at the cost of their mooring fees and from motoring past me at 20 knts while I am quietly fishing and minding my own business, :wallbash:i :wallbash: its not like the sea aint big enough!!! :clap2:

On a more serious point perhaps there aught to be a boat licence and regular safety checks for all boats, its not just dinghys and ribs that get caught out. Ive got my RYA cert, have self inflating jackets flares and alternative power source but always take the lady seriously.

Dan

As far as I see, its '16ft flying f**ts, that cause the problems at 20 knots right through the middle of a group of boats anchored, total disregard, hay there is something called a throttle, ever heard of etiquette :lol: Me, I never whinge about my mooring fees, no I dont! weigh up the towing cost, extra fuel, wear and tear, 3 o'clock in the morning to get some where by 7 o'clock, and the looooong drive back, slip fees, petrol at 95p a liter + oil? £18 per 100 for worms, if you can find the shop! the worms are c**p, take it or leave it! And it is still nothing more than an over sized plastic bath tub, why do it :unsure:

As you say on a more serious note, a licence? safety and handling skills certificate. Inland waterways have legislation, are we next on the list? I agree, it certainly is not always dinghies etc., but they do seem to have their fair share of avoidable mishaps?

I feel that local knowledge is so important, for fish catches and safety, and cringing when I see obvious 'new sampling in comers' getting away with the enormous tide flow variations for instance, at Felixstowe Ferry. And there is a perfectly safe launch 3 miles down the road, that they pass on the way to the Ferry!! I believe the ferry has improved recently?? but parking is still a pain.

As far as I see, its '16ft flying f**ts, that cause the problems at 20 knots right through the middle of a group of boats anchored, total disregard, hay there is something called a throttle, ever heard of etiquette

Throttle???? ahh that's that thing that only has two settings idle and flat out ;)

:lol: Me, I never whinge about my mooring fees, no I dont!

Nor me mind you £50 a year is a hell of a lot of money just to moor a boat :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Guest muttley
As far as I see, its '16ft flying f**ts, that cause the problems at 20 knots right through the middle of a group of boats anchored, total disregard, hay there is something called a throttle, ever heard of etiquette :lol: Me, I never whinge about my mooring fees, no I dont! weigh up the towing cost, extra fuel, wear and tear, 3 o'clock in the morning to get some where by 7 o'clock, and the looooong drive back, slip fees, petrol at 95p a liter + oil? £18 per 100 for worms, if you can find the shop! the worms are c**p, take it or leave it! And it is still nothing more than an over sized plastic bath tub, why do it :unsure:

As you say on a more serious note, a licence? safety and handling skills certificate. Inland waterways have legislation, are we next on the list? I agree, it certainly is not always dinghies etc., but they do seem to have their fair share of avoidable mishaps?

I feel that local knowledge is so important, for fish catches and safety, and cringing when I see obvious 'new sampling in comers' getting away with the enormous tide flow variations for instance, at Felixstowe Ferry. And there is a perfectly safe launch 3 miles down the road, that they pass on the way to the Ferry!! I believe the ferry has improved recently?? but parking is still a pain.

I reckon they should impound the owners boat if he displays a complete lack of care whilst on board.

Believe it or not, there was a rumour that a couple of years ago some clown slipped on a discarded pasty and went flying into the briny. By all accounts the guy was most upset about knocking his favourite abu 6600ld outfit overboard during this most avoidable mishap. The most laughable thing was that he hadn't even dared go out of the river and the swell that day was measured in inches!

I must be honest and say that given the choice, I'd much rather wash up on a beach in a RIB with no fuel, than come back to the marina in a pretentious craft looking like a drowned rat. :rolleyes::lol:

Here's to another accident, mishap, breakdown free year fishing offshore in my 'plastic flying fart'. :thumbs:

There are very definitely two types of small boat owners, those who think it's a jolly good laugh to go pratting around on the water :punk::drunk::bigemo_harabe_net-165: and RSAs who use their mobility to fish new venues.

All of the small boat owners I know take safety very seriously , Gareth next door does not have gps but he he always puts safety first wearing a life vest, always carries a spare for a guest, never has more than two on board his 16' day boat, has flares and spare fuel, always goes out with other boats when fishing new venues and researches them well. He is now in his 60s and has been boating all of his life. It is a bit like telling your grandmother how to suck eggs by telling someone like that he needs a bit of paper to put to sea. :rolleyes:

The jolly brigade are again in the process of screwing it up for those who take all the right actions, because without a doubt those in power will bring in yet another set of laws to control the situation.

The worse jolly brigade craft is the jet-ski :wallbash:

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist