2007 Mullet Season

Matt Baldwin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respect andrew what a beaut!! and a great start :thumbs: i would not mind popping along there sometime this year for a go hey! maybe we could organize a meet for all the mullet heads? i will even have my hair cut to match the event for a bet :lol::lol:

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

im organising the nmc fish-in for the medway in august.

Andrew, i have access into both gillingham and chatham marina now.

will beat that in no time.

quality fish mate. this time i'll try and catch a bigger 1 early in the season so it gives you longer to try and beat it.

lol hehe joke.

best of luck for the season matt

Hia's All

I'm very happy to have a guest Stavey, Pm me your contact details if you have a free date one Sat or Sunday. Will need to plan well in advance.

Cheers the rest of you.

Dave M is a Mullet angler who walks the talk, the number of large Mullet to his name is fantastic.

So my target for the year was a 7, I put in the hours, effort and experitmentation, but with Mullet nothing can be taken for granted, ever. I have some new ideas plus swims i want to try, I know that come Aug/Sept there is a posability of some huge fish. To reach my target with the first of the year is luck, a real fluke. A few more flukes like that won't go amiss!! Right place - right time and all that.

The best thing about the Mullet fishing is the concentration . . hours of preparation, followed by hours of intense nothing ( you know what I mean ), then a tiny, tiny knock ( or was it, was you mind playing tricks? has the heat fuddled your brain? ), you stare at the rod tip,the background of moving water is enough to send most sane people slightly wonky. Like a float in a ripple. But there is goes again, a slight movement . . and again, a protracted tremble, without looking you feel for the reel seat, adjust your fingers and lift into . . . . . . ????????????????

Andrew Boyd

I'm very happy to have a guest Stavey, Pm me your contact details if you have a free date one Sat or Sunday. Will need to plan well in advance.

Cheers the rest of you.

Dave M is a Mullet angler who walks the talk, the number of large Mullet to his name is fantastic.

So my target for the year was a 7, I put in the hours, effort and experitmentation, but with Mullet nothing can be taken for granted, ever. I have some new ideas plus swims i want to try, I know that come Aug/Sept there is a posability of some huge fish. To reach my target with the first of the year is luck, a real fluke. A few more flukes like that won't go amiss!! Right place - right time and all that.

The best thing about the Mullet fishing is the concentration . . hours of preparation, followed by hours of intense nothing ( you know what I mean ), then a tiny, tiny knock ( or was it, was you mind playing tricks? has the heat fuddled your brain? ), you stare at the rod tip,the background of moving water is enough to send most sane people slightly wonky. Like a float in a ripple. But there is goes again, a slight movement . . and again, a protracted tremble, without looking you feel for the reel seat, adjust your fingers and lift into . . . . . . ????????????????

Hi andrew

I will pm you later about meating up for a bash defo :thumbs: i know exactly what your on about as far as those tiny knocks are concerned ( especially from those very wary big fish) had a few yesterday when i went down the sussex ouze for a short spell but i failed to make contact with any fish, maybe next time? it looks like the weather is going to hold for the rest of the week and in to the weekend so i will get out a couple of more times and try and get my first for 2007 cheers..........

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Guys

Had my first Mullet of the year today, and what a Mullet . . a PB 7lbs 2oz

Caught from the Medway almost at the top the the tide this afternoon. I'm still grinning several hours later.

Nice one mate. That would be a PB for me too.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote