Theiving Scumbags

jonnyboy

and make sure theirs a few shallow reefs to drag them over ;)

with any luck they will drown themselves and the yak will be washed ashore intact . but i dought it very much.

they have a serial no. on them has he kept a record of it ? (reminds me i must write mine down)

Edited by jerseytrev

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

just what I was about to say - the Dorado and Marlins all have a boat number on them - GB it is on the inside of the aft bulkhead.

I think the Ocaen kayaks also have a serial number - some on a stamped plate which is rivetted in place. This can be easily drilled off, ut then the fact that it is missing is a suspicion in itself.

Go and write your boat numbers down now - and keep them somewhere safe.

I hope the stuff turns up. Bad news this. Out board motors are also very vulnerable, even with transpom locks in place - the usualmethod is to take a chain saw to the transom and just cut the motor off still clamped to part of the boat - quick to do. Then off they go to sort it later.

Marine crime is on the up too. Keep your stuff safe chaps.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Mine is still in the hallway, I dont trust anyone. I am going to build a yak coffin for it in the garden soon (well eventually)

Bad news when that happens :(

I hate leaving it on top of the van outside the house when I load the van the night before.

Hope it turns up soon

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

You can get a cable alarm, if the cable is cut or tampered with, the alarm goes off. £10 on e-bay. I thread mine through the self draining scupper hole and onto something. It might help.

Edited by maidstonemike

You can get a cable alarm, if the cable is cut or tampered with, the alarm goes off. £10 on e-bay. I thread mine through the self draining scupper hole and onto something. It might help.

mine was one of those... but no longer working anymore! i think after 5yrs its given up! at least it still locks thou!

I am going to build a yak coffin for it in the garden soon

my friend did that, i just dont have enought room to build one, and i recon my father wouldnt allow it either!

Wilderness systems Tarpon 120 :)

If you keep your gear in the garage or garden shed, set a baby monitor up, there are versions that will only turn on when a noise is heard, the click alone is enough to wake you, I leave one hidden in my van if I load up the night before.

Serial numbers of most of the OK's are etched into the kayak outer, the number I believe is included in the Pack which you receive when you buy it, keep an eye on Ebay, if you see one for sale, ask what the serial number is, if you don't get a reply call the police or Ebay, it's worth a try.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com