Anglers Oppose Bass MLS Increase

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite interesting searching for the "South-West Association of Sea Anglers" or any combination of those words in Google. You get precisely no matches! I find it quite astonishing that such an important body has managed to keep completely below the radar.

Do we know the name of the mystery chairman?

I wonder (being the suspicious sod that I am) if it might possibly have been anyone from the "South West Handline Fishermen’s Association" in a new guise?

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

and one can only wonder what the "South West Federation of Sea anglers" makes of the new kid on the block?

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Hi Nick,

I had heard something of a group of anglers from the south west who had formed a large union of angling clubs etc about a month ago from what I would consider to be a reliable source. There opposition to the BMP is a new one on me though.

Does anyone know if the majority of anglers are for or against the BMP. I know in Anglers Net circles it is/was all the rage but when I spoke to people away from here most hadn't even heard of it - obviously that doesn't mean they would oppose it if they had.

No doubt we will learn more soon. If its the same group I've heard of they are also against Licences and bag limits.

Strange that they aren't members of the South West Sea Anglers Liaison Group too!

I hope that if it turns out that these are commercial fishermen lying to him (surely not!), Ben Bradshaw learns a serious lesson about the people he is dealing with.

presumably Glenn that was the South West Sea Anglers Liaison Group from the meeting on 17th Feb?

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

And the unnamed chairman of the South-west Association of Sea Anglers has of course circulated a questionnaire among xx members of his constituency making sure that he has the full support from xx number of well informed anglers :rolleyes:

I smell a rat, but hope to be proven wrong.

I think you will find that this peice of garbage ( sorry chair person :rolleyes: ) voted as representing South West Anglers on the consultation for the BMP and I brought it up at the time.

Funny thing is when you speak to anglers from Cormwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset and Hampshire no one knows who the hell he is or what authority he has.

PS. I have just emailed a friend to find out exactly who this person is and what his authority is.

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Surely we haven't got unelected individuals running around claiming to represent thousands of sea anglers.

What a shock, what a scandal, lets root these imposters out immediately. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

The big difference here Cranfield is that there is no trace of this organisation on the internet, I can't find a single reference to it in the media either, and I have heard from several anglers in the south west that they know nothing about the organisation.

SACN is an open well publicised organisation that states quite clearly what it's membership consists of

this bunch don't even say the name of the chairman!

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?