HDR files

poledark

I have been playing around with HD and got a few good results using auto bracketing and multi shot.

When processed I save and am unable to open them except in PShop. Even when I choose TIFF I still can't open except in PShop.

Any advice appreciated please :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Open them in PShop.

hth,

Elton :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I have been playing around with HD and got a few good results using auto bracketing and multi shot.

When processed I save and am unable to open them except in PShop. Even when I choose TIFF I still can't open except in PShop.

Any advice appreciated please :)

Den

once they are in HRD format (Default 32bit), you can only save them as pbm, psb, exr, psd, radiance or tiff.

you need to drop them into 8bit to get the full range of "save as" options ie jpg gif and the like.

once you have chosen your pics the merge to HDR window opens, on the right is a drop down menue, you can choose 32, 16 and 8 bit, choose 8 bit and when its done and you have finished adjusting, goto file>save as and choose jpg or whatever format you prefer.

if you have already gone past that, and your pic is open, and is in 32 bit mode, then follow instructions below.

do this by going to image>Mode>8bit a pop up window will open "HDR conversion" giving you exposure and gamma settings adjust these as you like then click ok, you will now be able to go to file>save as, and in the bottom dropdown select jpg or whatever your prefered format is.

hope this helps

Edited by Gray-Catchpole

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Thanks Gray, just what I needed to know,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Its worhwhile converting to 16 bit first and making all of you final edits there (levels, curves, hue and saturation etc etc), before converting to 8 bit, resizing and finally sharpening if needed. The reason is that in 16 bit mode the pixels have more room to move about allowing for smoother adjustments. The difference is negligible especially for web sized photos but there is certainly a noticable difference at the larger print sizes. I make all my adjustments at 16 bit mode now, convert to 8bit, resize as necessary and sharpen then only if needed.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

lol...You lie like a cheap watch....of course you will!! :P

...I'll get my coat...:D

Steve...:)

why you doubt me.

here s how to make a so so pic into a wonderfull arena eye candy

and click accept.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com