Roll you own boiles.

kestrel

I once rolled my own boilies and found it hard work to be honest , do you think you save money and gain an edge by rolling your own ?

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

I've never done it, but I think it's more about creating what the angler believes to be the perfect bait for their specific fishing than just cost alone.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

helo there kestrel ive never done it my self but i beleive that different boilies work differently in different lakes. you should try to expiriment with your bait and if they work well than you should know if you should continue using that bait.

i usily have good faith in boilies, but ive never made my own if you found it difficult to use your own that try using ready made ones from a tackle shop see which one works best for you

tight lines

mike finlay

mike finlay the carpinator

Making boilies will not save you much money and is a pain in the butt. If you like messing about in the kitchen for hours then great, get some bits and play about. I used to do that and did enjoy it but I couldn't be bothered now. It is worth getting baits made fresh but buy them in bulk and then freeze them. I've just had 10Kg base mix rolled which gives 14Kg of boilies. That cost me about £95 including carriage to my local shop. Now that would have taken me probably 3 or 4 evenings to roll myself and still cost me 70 quid+ to get the mix and a fivers worth of eggs. For that price I'd be nuts to do it myself (and that is a proper, well known bait company, not some unknown).

All I roll now is hookbaits if I want them harder etc, oh and pop-ups when I can find a good method for making them.

Rob.

Making boilies will not save you much money and is a pain in the butt. If you like messing about in the kitchen for hours then great, get some bits and play about. I used to do that and did enjoy it but I couldn't be bothered now. It is worth getting baits made fresh but buy them in bulk and then freeze them. I've just had 10Kg base mix rolled which gives 14Kg of boilies. That cost me about £95 including carriage to my local shop. Now that would have taken me probably 3 or 4 evenings to roll myself and still cost me 70 quid+ to get the mix and a fivers worth of eggs. For that price I'd be nuts to do it myself (and that is a proper, well known bait company, not some unknown).

All I roll now is hookbaits if I want them harder etc, oh and pop-ups when I can find a good method for making them.

Rob.

It is time consuming, if I saved a lot of money I would seriously consider doing it.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

And in view of this if you WANT any rolling tables.........

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• 3 weeks later...

rolling boilies is hard work but very satisfying when you catch fish on them baits when its a big fish your are mad keen to get some more. but getting it right can be costly and hellish trying to find the right ingredients. i can only say this if you choose to do this .go ahead and make your own then get good guidance from a compnay that has excellent ingredients like proline baits i cant put the full webpage here but i can pm you . they and many others like have a superb range of dry ingredients for you to use. no harmfull rubish that the fish will have swollen intestines on and no worrys for indegestion problems for the fish. i truly wish you and anybody that ventures oput to do this . those who sucseed go on to be top anglers but thats why there are few of them out there i am luck relay relay lucky to have the best bait compnay on my side with what can only be described as the dogs gonads i will eat my undercrakers if you dont catch on what i use. and my hat as well. good luck tight lines and bent rods forever

gaza on the ebro.

Echo that - I've got a large 16mm rolling table gathering dust in the kitchin and I'm never going to use it.

Rob.

fishing guide for catfish and carp