Closed Season Pike Fishing

Elton

Posted on behalf of Tony. Please add all responses to this thread:

Just a quick question, can I pike fish on private waters in the closed season?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Traditionally" there's been a closed season for coarse fish from mid-March to mid-June. So presumably Peter means trout and salmon.

I don't fish for pike just after they've spawned as they're at their most vulnerable then (not before they spawn as some might think). But after that you've got the cream of pike fishing when they're very aggresive and will often take anything that moves.

As my carp syndicate members will confirm!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

"Traditionally" there's been a closed season for coarse fish from mid-March to mid-June. So presumably Peter means trout and salmon.

I don't fish for pike just after they've spawned as they're at their most vulnerable then (not before they spawn as some might think). But after that you've got the cream of pike fishing when they're very aggresive and will often take anything that moves.

As my carp syndicate members will confirm!

Hiya steve , what time of the year do you mean after they have spawned ? and with it being a closed season wouldnt you only be able to fish with spinners/fly for trout and salmon , ? hense another branch of the sport you would have to invest in ie fly rod or lure rod , then with a lure rod there would be a good chance you would catch pike perch chub etc etc , so fly would be the best bet ? hense buying a fly rod

plus a migratory liscense would be required for salmon , and wouldnt it be safer for the spawning fish if we were to fish in a lake were it is probably stocked etc etc , forgive me for not being upto scratch with all this coarse fishing closed season palavar , i my self am abit of an all rounder and possess a migratory liscense and a fly rod , so dont get me wrong , thanks

I don't fish for pike just after they've spawned as they're at their most vulnerable then (not before they spawn as some might think).

Steve, I'd be interested to know if that's a fact rather than opinion and what it's based on. I agree with your comment about the cream of pike fishing being after they've settled down. Around May is my favourite time, right in the middle of the closed season, it may not be traditional but the pike are fit, and the water temps aren't too high.

I just cant resist these kinds of posts, they just annoy me into a response (like some lures for pike!).

Jesus lets just scrap the xxxxin close season, and target the fish year round, I mean come on the pike for example only exsists so we can catch it! in summer they fight like demons (apparently), in winter theyre at their heaviest for the trophy pics so why not fish for em all the time?

well, I for am sick of this attitude, I hope all you year round pikers and anglers for that matter, reap nothing but degraded sport for your efforts. :wallbash::angry::angry:

I hope all you year round pikers and anglers for that matter, reap nothing but degraded sport for your efforts. :wallbash::angry::angry:

:thumbs: I only fish in the autumn; the fish are too big in the winter, they fight too hard in the summer and spring is the closed season.