Catching Pike on Lobworm

fruitloopy

The same cannot be said for many lochs, ponds and waterways, where the rain fails to bring a free bounty.
But if you can find a wee loch with a burn running into it, you can have a great time. Do you know Arklet or Katrine Andy?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do indeed. I've fished most of the waters up around the Trossachs but never thrown a line at either of the two but I fully intend to at some point.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I do indeed. I've fished most of the waters up around the Trossachs but never thrown a line at either of the two but I fully intend to at some point.
I have an aunt who lives right at the top end of Katrine, near Glengyle. I've fished them both. If its pike your after then the best place in both these lochs is at the top end of Loch Katrine where the Glengyle Burn runs into the Loch. When I was a nipper my uncles' step-father was bailiff and at that time they used to net pike in the winter time, a practise that was stopped when the old boy passed away since he was never replaced by the Water Board.

I used to walk all the way out to this loch to catch wee broonies. I must have been aff ma hied because the midges were savage.

It's a nice wee loch, with two burns running in and one running out. The walk out is treacherous though, if you don't know the right path to take you could disappear without trace down a peat bog. One slurp, one burp, goodnight ladies.

Wee_Loch.kmz

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Thanks for that Cory. I'll save that and give the burn end a bash.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

Tried to open that wee loch file but I don't know what application it's looking for Cory. Any ideas or another format perhaps?

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

Tried to open that wee loch file but I don't know what application it's looking for Cory. Any ideas or another format perhaps?
Its a Google Earth placemarker Andy.

56°18'2.45"N, 4°34'13.92"W

Ah right you are.....ta muchly.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

Ah right you are.....ta muchly.
BTW Andy, both lochs are lure only for pike, no live-baiting or dead-baiting allowed. I thank that is because you Glaswegians drink the watter.

Not a problem. I'll have a go with them things. Plugs or jerkbaits or whatever they're called....lol

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...