Guns as well as hooks?

Axe

I'm glad to see theres a few of us out there. :thumbs:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love to shoot, but my gun has been in the safe for eighteen months without a cartridge put through it, Doing the house up has eaten into my time a lot! My ferrets are pets now. I would be upset if I lost one.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I love to shoot, but my gun has been in the safe for eighteen months without a cartridge put through it, Doing the house up has eaten into my time a lot! My ferrets are pets now. I would be upset if I lost one.

Same here five bellies, my guns have been locked away for over two years without a trip out.

Do not seem to get the time or opportunity these days, it would be good to get access to a few days sometime somewhere.

Regards.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Seems to be a bit of a lethargy creeping in here Guys?? Is it age related do you think?? Or simply a case of society?? I am EXACTLY the same as you two except I actually sold all my rifles!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Seems to be a bit of a lethargy creeping in here Guys?? Is it age related do you think?? Or simply a case of society?? I am EXACTLY the same as you two except I actually sold all my rifles!!

Hi Chris,

You could be right maybe a bit of an age thing, not being able to fish and shot so one takes a back seat and with me that was shooting.

I do hope that you have settled in well and hope that you are enjoying your new life style.

Regards. :thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Guest Rabbit

Although I fish and have done for many years, and my mind wonders off many times a day fantasising over being on the river bank, I have never had the urge to shoot any wildlife. Which is strange as I obviously have that prehistoric ingredient in my system that dictates that I should at least fish. Why then should some of us feel the need to kill our quarry and then some of us are almost obsessive regarding the safe return of our captured fish?

I am not condemning folk that shoot, but in my opinion I could not feel any satisfaction in killing any animal, except if I had to to satisfy my hunger, but not for 'sporting' reasons.

In fact I ran over a female pheasant the other day, you know whent they run out in front of you and you cannot do a thing, and only an hour earlier I was watching a male pheasant 'round' up his hareem in a nearby field, the sadness and guilt I felt was real, but probably unbalanced.

I love dogs and especially working dogs, but to use these to hunt prey would be not my idea of a good day out, far better the peace and quiet of a river bank and the knowledge that if I am lucky enough to catch, and return safely to its watery home.