The Lost Mouse

hembo

newt check out abbotsbury at its best in the sea fishing section

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rabbit

I normally dont look at your 'jokes' but as this one had a few replies I thought it must have been bad, it wasn't it was AWFUL :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Hi,

maybe it's because I'm german, but I didn't get that one! :g: But you've got a funny avatar-picture! :D

No offence, Hembo.

Patty

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

Never lock a gift mouse in the hearse. - a play on words based on an English saying, "never look a gift horse in the mouth" or in other words, if you are offered something nice, don't pry into the circumstances.

The puns that Hembo is fond of posting (and that I am even more fond of reading) are probably difficult to impossible for someone who is not a native English speaker regardless of how fluent their English is.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Newt,

thanks for explaining that to me. We have the same saying in german, but I didn't now, that it was based on that. Now it actually is funny. :thumbs:

Patty

4ham55k.jpg

Hi Newt,

thanks for explaining that to me. We have the same saying in german, but I didn't now, that it was based on that. Now it actually is funny. :thumbs:

Patty

Patty, please don't let Hembo think that he's funny, it will only encourage him.

It's traditional in England to groan at his type of puns - the louder the groan, the worse the pun.

And Hembo has tapped into a selection of pretty awful stuff.

:wallbash:

Mind you, I'd be pretty proud of some of them if I'd posted them.......

Our chief weapon is surprise

thank you

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

For instance:

When Pope John Paul II died, the new pope became Benedict XVI. When he dies, will he become Ex-Benedict.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Puzzled.

All right. Hembo, that was a bad joke. :hypocrite:

Hi Newt,

I didn't get the joke about the pope. Sorry. Please, explain.

Patty

4ham55k.jpg

Ex-Benedict = Eggs Benedict = two halves of an English muffin topped with smoked bacon or ham, then a poached egg with a topping of hollandaise sauce.