What fishing should be like.

glennk

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the waters to cold there for Bass spawning Wurzel ? I wonder why you had to ask me ? Because its too cold for Bass there does not mean its too warm for cod here, as you know there is plenty of research evidence showing if our waters were managed differently they could hold a substantial cod stock. Maybe the Eu's change of stance on discards to improve things in the north sea for us all.

The only reason they caught so many is because of the freak cod/haddock/coalfish explosion they are currently experiencing. This has nothing to do with the strict controls they exercise over their commercial fishermen. The normal state of the sea is to be devoid of fish.

Im of the understanding that the countries like Faroe and Iceland, who have thriving fisheries, don't bother much with our "stakeholder" ideas. More like take Fish/fishermen/fishery scientists, listen to them, work out the best way and go for it, and importantly be able to change fast when your wrong.

Wonder how they would do with RSA reps lobbying for one thing, the ROYAL Icelandic bird conservation for another, etc, etc

I'd bet that the one thing Icelandic ministers were not thinking about, as they setup the environment for that amazing sea-angling was the needs of " RSA" ?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Guest challenge
Im of the understanding that the countries like Faroe and Iceland, who have thriving fisheries, don't bother much with our "stakeholder" ideas. More like take Fish/fishermen/fishery scientists, listen to them, work out the best way and go for it, and importantly be able to change fast when your wrong.

Wonder how they would do with RSA reps lobbying for one thing, the ROYAL Icelandic bird conservation for another, etc, etc

I'd bet that the one thing Icelandic ministers were not thinking about, as they setup the environment for that amazing sea-angling was the needs of " RSA" ?

Of course they weren’t jaffa. Only somebody with very little understanding of the fishing industry and a blinkered anti commercial attitude would think so.

Where they any recreational anglers screaming for any restrictions on commercial fishermen when there was plenty of fish to be caught (with a rod and line) I think not.

I am proud to say that my father’s boat (that took anglers to sea back in the 70, s) was along side the commercial boats when they blockaded Whitby and Teesside harbours.

not because there was no fish for anglers to catch (because there was tons of the stuff) but because some where you have to draw the line and stand and fight with people you share the seas with, against someone that wants to radically change your way of life.

Regards.

Of course they weren’t jaffa. Only somebody with very little understanding of the fishing industry and a blinkered anti commercial attitude would think so.

Where they any recreational anglers screaming for any restrictions on commercial fishermen when there was plenty of fish to be caught (with a rod and line) I think not.

I am proud to say that my father’s boat (that took anglers to sea back in the 70, s) was along side the commercial boats when they blockaded Whitby and Teesside harbours.

not because there was no fish for anglers to catch (because there was tons of the stuff) but because some where you have to draw the line and stand and fight with people you share the seas with, against someone that wants to radically change your way of life.

Regards.

I think i understand your post this time Callenge. At that time (70's) not even the rsa knew what was going to happen so sure i would imagine that to start with there certainly didn't appear to warrent any restriction. However with regards to the north sea today it certainly appears that a lot of people are fighting for what little stock is there so again everyone's backs are up. I agree with you both recreational and commercial aught to be looking at this together to see what can be done but as we both know it appears to be an uphill battle.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

It makes no sence to compare the fishing policies of the likes of the Faroes and Iceland to that of the british isles. The reason is the percentage of the GPD that fishing represents in both those countries is huge compared to the income from commercial fishing in this country. Its a bit like making comparisons between a corner shop and tesco's.

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

It makes no sence to compare the fishing policies of the likes of the Faroes and Iceland to that of the british isles. The reason is the percentage of the GPD that fishing represents in both those countries is huge compared to the income from commercial fishing in this country. Its a bit like making comparisons between a corner shop and tesco's.

Dave

Hi Dave,

What happens if the Scottish nationalists, led by a guy that represents a fishing area, gets to power come May? Current polls suggest thats whats going to happen. If it does then i suspect things are going to be shaken up a bit?

FWIW I look east and see the Norwgians making a fair go of looking after fishstocks. Look north and the faroese and Icelanders are way ahead of us. Look south and just see madness, in respect of fishstocks IMHO. Name a healthy fishery in the Med?!

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net