Compact fishing scales

wellyphant

This is probably a subject that has been done to death so my apologies.

Looking for a set of scales that will weigh fish up to 20lbs mainly for Tench and Barbel fishing.

They have to be compact, good quality, weigh in lbs and oz's and cost no more than £25.

I'll avoid a set of Reubon Heaton flyweight scales which I once had but the mechanism inside failed quickly and at a time when I potentially had a pb Barbel.

barbel13_zpskz99g2ok.jpg

I have since been carting round my heavy carp/pike scales so want to dump the weight for something lighter.

Suggestions anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

If you (like me) have a strong dislike of digital scales; my advice would be to get on eBay and get yourself a set of Avon Dial Scales; my last set lasted me 36 years and I recently bought another pair from eBay for £25 (after making the mistake of buying some Reuben Heaton Flyweights and also buying a set of Fox Digi Stalker Scales When I found out that Avon no longer sold Avons)

Although Avon no longer make them they are often to be bought on eBay for around £20 to £25 and are considered by many to be one of the best Dial scales out there.

Also see this link to a previous post on this forum about scales including avon scales ==> http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/3245289-best-none-battery-operated-scales/?hl=+avon +dial +scales

Heres another set of Avons I found on gumtree for sale for just £10 http://www.gumtree.com/p/fishing-tackle/avon-dial-scales-40lb/1119868880

tight lines

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Whatever you don't buy the RH Flyweights, bought two and they just fall apart, taken them apart and they are abysmal, OK for small Tigger type Barbel, but anything bigger than 2lb they can't handle. :uhuh:

Whatever you don't buy the RH Flyweights, bought two and they just fall apart, taken them apart and they are abysmal, OK for small Tigger type Barbel, but anything bigger than 2lb they can't handle. :uhuh:

Rabbit, I knew it wouldn't be long before you started sniping...you got board already ?

Come on Mod's get shut of this bell-end.

Wow! what is his problem with this Rabbit chap?

Perhaps he should use the ignore button, I have on him, just for the sake of peace and harmony :kissing: but to call someone a 'bellend' for having a bit of craic, you have to wonder who the real' bellend' is.

Play nicely Tigger, there's a good lad.

Board or bored? :yawn:

Edited by OTIB

Wow! what is his problem with this Rabbit chap?

Perhaps he should use the ignore button, I have on him, just for the sake of peace and harmony :kissing: but to call someone a 'bellend' for having a bit of craic, you have to wonder who the real' bellend' is.

Play nicely Tigger, there's a good lad.

Board or bored? :yawn:

Pooh...strong small of rabbit droppings round here :yawn: